Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Psalm 37 - "Goodness of God"


The Lord directed me to Psalm 37 this morning. This Psalm is one that encourages my heart greatly. David gives wisdom in this Psalm we need to remember daily. So many times we look around and see people who are successful in the world's eyes. At times we think they have a 'good' life but if they are not in relationship with God they truly are not. The last verse of this Psalm describes a person in relationship with Him. Because of their faith in him, their daily portion will be a Father’s help and deliverance from evil. This is true for all who turn to hide themselves in him! ...their daily portion... That is the prize to living in His presence. These days of late are 'tough' as I watch my Momma getting weaker and weaker. They are 'tough' when finding letters she wrote and never sent. They are 'tough' with emotions high in family. I am thankful for the knowledge no matter how 'tough' things may seem my God is greater. All I have to do is follow verse three in trusting God through the 'tough' days. Verse five reminds me as I trust Him He will direct me to where He desires me to be, do what He desires me to do, and live in the comfortableness of His loving arms. Psalm 37 speaks about enemies in life. Those can include people, circumstances, or even our own self. We can be our worst enemy as we tear ourselves down instead of living as God desires. Tearing ourselves down is a common practice for many people. One thing I have come to realize is when we do so, we are tearing God down. He created us just as He desires. We need to be reminded He does not make 'junk.'  We are special and unique even when we feel otherwise. We have eternity with Him ahead as we live on this earth in relationship with Him. I love the words of verse eleven of Psalm 37 with the promise of peace. This world and the circumstances we deal with every day can be anything but peaceful. Eternity with God will be complete peace. The 'stuff' we accumulate in this world is just that. The more 'stuff' I go through at Momma's house the more I realize the need to not it. Seeing the things that have been kept for many years makes me want to go home and do a good spring cleaning so my boys won't have so much 'stuff' to go through. 'Stuff' will not do us any good in heaven. Verse sixteen reads in The Passion TranslationIt is much better to have little combined with much of God than to have the fabulous wealth of the wicked and nothing else. A relationship with God is all we need to have a 'successful' life. Verse nineteen is a promise I am holding close to my heart in these days. Even in a time of disaster he will watch over them, and they will always have more than enough no matter what happens. As the tears fell last night in tiredness and frustration God reminded me He is with me in these 'tough' days just as He is with me in the 'good' days. Praise His Holy Name! One time I was awake during the night I had "Goodness of God" going through my head and felt so, so blessed. 

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the reminder Your love is with me in the 'tough' days and the 'good' days! Thank You for being with my Momma during her last days on this earth! Thank You for Doug and I having time with Shirley over dinner last night! Thank You for all that was accomplished at Momma's house and with the showings of Doug's house! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear you through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through 'tough' days. May they all find Your peace. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Steph as she awaits surgery; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. May You continue to be close to Andy and Sharon with the loss of their daughters. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: