Saturday, May 6, 2023

Psalm 19 - "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"

I love David's writing in Psalm 19. He speaks of the way sunrise and sunset speak to all who will listen. It takes 'stopping to smell the roses' as Doug is reminding me to do. Sometimes life gets too busy for us to allow ourselves such luxuries. Sometimes life's circumstances cause hurt to our heart and we find ourselves filling up our calendar with 'stuff' just so the hurt doesn't become so overwhelming. The core of this Psalm is found in verses seven through nine.

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever.
The decrees of the Lord are firm, and all of them are righteous.

Praise His Holy Name for this knowledge. Refreshment, wisdom, joy, and direction are gifts to us from the Lord as we allow Him to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of our life. It is key we walk in obedience to His will so we can open these gifts as He lavishes them upon us. Verse ten describes them as being more precious than gold...sweeter than honey. These descriptive words give us a wonderful word picture. David writes of how he desired God to keep him from willfully sinning in verse thirteen. Sin is a part of life but the more we seek to be Christ-like the less we will blatantly sin. Verse fourteen is my daily mantra. May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and Redeemer. I desire to fulfill the desires of God's heart. Sometimes the desires of His heart are not what I think I want to happen. I have come to realize God's ways are always what is best for me. It takes looking at the big picture to realize this. It takes walking my faith and trusting Him when He directs me to do or say something that doesn't make sense. I am reminded this morning of the song "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)" and feeling very blessed.

I will call upon Your Name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with all Doug and I accomplished and for all that will be accomplished today! Thank You for me finally being able to talk to my Momma on the phone! May You continue to give her what she needs every moment where she is in life. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray many going through difficult days will call upon You to receive what they need to not only get through life but to glorify You. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. May You continue to be close to Andy and Sharon with the loss of their daughters. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.




No comments: