Thursday, May 4, 2023

Isaiah 18-20; Acts 5, 8 - "Blessings"


Last night in Bible study we were discussing the prophecy in Isaiah 18-20. It was so cool to see the prophecy written in Isaiah 18 be fulfilled in Acts 8. I shared how sometimes we plant seeds and never see them come to life while others times God blesses us with seeing them grow. The Holy Spirit was working in Acts 8. Many times we think He isn't working today but when we stop and think about it we see He is. My heart breaks for so many people who are dealing with difficult situations in life. Hearing my Momma scared and confused hurts my heart. Praying for Sharon and Andy and their families with the loss of daughters is heart breaking. Receiving a prayer request for a daughter whose father's health is failing is heart breaking. Praise God for the 'good' things heard yesterday such as a friend who the doctors were sure had breast cancer and it was negative. Woo hoo! I praise God for Doug making it home safely from his trip to Ohio. I praise Him for people who are caring for my Momma. A question asked in last night's study was, 'How is obedience to God prominent in your spiritual life?' Being obedient is a must for me. I know if I want to experience what God has for me I must walk in obedience to Him. We talked last night about expectations. When we expect things from people or even ourselves, we will be disappointed. When we expect things from God, we will be blessed. As Doug and I continue this journey of meshing our lives together we are blessed in abundance with the way God continues to open doors that need opened and closes doors that need closed. He continues to give us direction when we make decisions. I am thankful for the life we have with God. The gift of the Holy Spirit is one that I pray I will never take advantage of. I was reading in Acts 5 of how Peter and the apostles were persecuted for their faith. We do not go through such things as being jailed for our faith here in the United States. Yet. It could happen. I have to think about how strong my faith is and if I will be strong enough to stand up against such persecution if/when it occurs. Acts 5:32 holds the 'secret' to standing up against persecution. It is the Holy Spirit. I like what Matthew Henry says about this verse. The giving of the Holy Ghost, is plain evidence that it is the will of God that Christ should be obeyed. Yes! Obedience to Him is key to living a life on this earth that will lead to a life of eternity with God. When we obey Him, He will reveal Himself to us and bless us in abundance. Sometimes the blessings come in heart aches. Sometimes they come in times when we do not think we can put one foot in front of the other. No matter what God is ready to bless us. I am reminded of Laura Story's words about the song "Blessings." There is a blessedness that comes through waiting on the Lord. There’s an intimacy that comes in our walk with the Lord through walking through that valley. There’s a reliance on His word that we only know when everything else fades away… Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank you for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for bringing Doug home safely! Thank You for continuing to be with Andy and Sharon with the losses of their daughters! Thank You for the great news of no cancer for Nikki! Thank You for continuing to be with my Momma as she struggles with life and Sally as she finally goes home! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your empowerment over many going through difficult days. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Authority! Amen.

No comments: