Sunday, May 14, 2023

Exodus 14:14; Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 - "Hills and Valleys"

Last night before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning I prayed for pastors to be sensitive to those in their services who are hurting with it being Mother's Day. I prayed for the hurts to be soothed by God in a way never before. Mother's Day is a day of hurt for those who were never able to be a mother. It hurts for those who have lost children to death, addiction, disease, etc. It hurts for those who have children they are estranged from or have little contact. There is also hurts for those who were abandoned by their mother or estranged from her. There are so many unnecessary hurts in life. I am thankful for the mother God gave to me. My parents loved and nurtured me well. The best gift they ever gave me was the way they showed me to love and trust God. As my Momma nears the end of life on this earth I am thankful for the knowledge she will live on for eternity with my Heavenly Daddy. I continue to pray for God to have mercy and take her home. These days are tough as I watch her being so uncomfortable but I'm thankful for a church family who has given me this time to be with her. I am thankful for Doug being with me to support me. i love when he whisks me away to 'stop and smell the roses' from time to time. Last night when we left the nursing home he asked me what I wanted to do. My reply was it didn't matter as long as I was with him and I didn't have to think about the present circumstances. We picked up the recycles and took them to the bins and then went out for dinner. It was nice to do something relaxful. I felt guilty at first because I wasn't with Momma but realized I needed to do something different. When I woke this morning, I felt guilty for sleeping in a but but once again knew God is providing what I need in the present circumstances. I just need to allow Him to guide me. I need to allow Him to continue to be in control over every aspect of my life. Waking up in the middle of the night from a nightmare and finding out my husband was praying for me at that exact time is a blessing. I truly believe God brought Doug into my life at this time to support me. Today is our three week wedding anniversary. It is amazing all that has happened in such a short time. Moving him to South Carolina after our wedding, my Momma's decline in health, preparing to sell his home, continuing to have issues with Doc's estate, etc. Many people don't face that many monumental life changing events in their first three years of marriage let alone their first three weeks. I am so thankful God is the foundation of our marriage. When emotions get high, God empowers us to work through them. When decisions need made, He provides His wisdom. When life becomes overwhelming, He is there to empower us with His peace. I am thankful for Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 and for the three strand cord we did in our wedding ceremony. 

Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up the other; but woe to one who is alone and falls and does not have another to help. Again, if two lie together, they keep warm; but how can one keep warm alone? And though one might prevail against another, two will withstand one. A threefold cord is not quickly broken.

We declared in our wedding ceremony that God is the center of our marriage. As Doug braided the cord and Ben talked about its significance we took a stand of putting God where He belongs in a marriage. That stand has been put to many tests in these three short weeks. I am so thankful for the stand we took and for the reminder of it during trying times. I am thankful for the sixty-six plus years my Momma and Daddy had together and for the example they showed on trusting God. I am thankful for a husband who regularly prays for me. I love his prayers asking God to have other couples see our example of a godly marriage. I love the way he is the head of our household just as God ordains a husband to be. What a blessing it was yesterday for Sharon to acknowledge the way he embraces that role. I am one blessed lady! This morning I am reminded of the song "Hills and Valleys" and know God is with me in both.

On the mountains, I will bow my life
To the One who set me there
In the valley, I will lift my eyes
To the One who sees me there

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the love You shower down upon me every moment of every day! Thank You for Doug who reminds me to 'stop and smell the roses'! Thank You for continuing to be with my dear Momma and all of us during these tough days! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through valleys in life. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. May You continue to be close to Andy and Sharon with the loss of their daughters. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Center! Amen.

No comments: