Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Matthew 28:18-20 - "The Commission"

Yesterday was another day in paradise. Woo hoo, God! I woke refreshed after ten hours of sleep. My morning time with God writing was such a blessing followed by Doug making a new creation for breakfast and then walking in town before the parade. Doug and I took another walk after the parade. Sitting at Pigeon Point Landing swinging was so refreshing. Later in the afternoon we had Billy, Sierra, and the kids over for a cookout and games which was so much fun. After they left the evening was spent crafting Sunday's sermon and having some deep discussion on the Sunday School lesson Doug will teach. Throughout the day I received texts and calls about my Momma and continue to pray for her transition to heaven. I am one blessed lady for all the ways God blesses me. I woke once during the night to Doug 'ordering McDonald's' and chuckled. First, we don't have anyone to order happy meals for and second it made me think about little Dominick who proclaimed me to be his favorite. I enjoy having people into our home and am so blessed with a husband who enjoys it too. I am blessed by the way we work together with meals when company comes with him grilling and me making side dishes and desserts. We are blessed with good friends such as Billy, Sierra, and the kids. I felt like my heart was ready to burst as I looked around the table yesterday. God is such a good God who blesses me well. Sometimes I feel like I have to pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming. As we start a new day I wonder where God will take us. Who will He bring in our path? What will He put before us to do? How can we be His hands and feet to fulfill Matthew 28:18-20? How can we bless Him? Woo hoo! I was thinking this morning about a conversation Doug and I had about people who feel like they cannot do something because of where they are in life, their health, a disability, ect. This flower in the middle of a parking lot yesterday reminded me anything is possible with God. He will grow us where He plants us. He will nourish us with exactly what we need to do what He desires of us. This flower was in the middle of nowhere yet was blooming. We can bloom where He plants us when we allow Him to work in and through us. Woo hoo! I love the life I am living and once again am so blessed. A big reason for feeling this way is because I strive to live out God's will every day of my life. I strive to walk in obedience to Him and allow Him to work in and through me. This morning the song "The Commission" is on my mind as I pray for God to empower me to be the hands and feet of Jesus throughout the day ahead.

Go tell the world about me
For I was dead but now I live
Oh, I've gotta go now for a little while
Hey, but goodbye is not the end

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another day in paradise with my precious husband Doug! Thank You for our friends Billy, Sierra, and the kids who brought life into our home yesterday! Thank You for speaking Matthew 28:18-20 over us! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma as she transitions to heaven; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Rebecca as she awaits surgery; the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Commissioner! Amen.

No comments: