Monday, May 8, 2023

Psalm 23:6 - "Goodness of God"

Yesterday standing by Doug singing "Goodness of God" brought the Holy Spirit goosebumps upon me. It is because of His goodness I am where I am today. Being a pastor who loves leading and loving people is so special. Having God's promise of a man who would be a godly husband is the icing on the cake for me. When we went to the beach yesterday afternoon and sat in the sunshine I could feel the Son shining down on us. God is so, so good. I shared in yesterday's sermon of different times God has healed me physically. Last night as I thought about those times God reminded me of many times He healed me emotionally. Life can be challenging but the more we lean into His strength the more we will receive it. The more we allow Him to be who He desires to be in our life the more we will realize it. I say it often and mean it with all my heart. I am one blessed lady. Psalm 23:6 reads in The Passion TranslationSo why would I fear the future? Only goodness and tender love pursue me all the days of my life. Then afterward, when my life is through. I’ll return to your glorious presence to be forever with you! The future is something not to be feared. It is something to look forward to when God is in it. The past is no longer. The present is here. The future is yet to come. My past includes great hurts. Sexual abuse as a very young girl is one that I struggle with understanding where God was when it happened. How can a loving God allow a monster to do such things? How can the monster live with himself? So many unanswered questions. What I must remember is God has the answers and we don't always get such answers. I could drive myself crazy with such questions but it would not do any good. Instead I leave them for God to reveal the answers if He so chooses. Having MS and breast cancer are two hurdles I have experienced in life. Once again I wonder 'why?' and once again I realize God knows the answers and I do not have to understand. If it were not for both of these experiences, I would not have the testimony I shared yesterday. Watching my husband suffer and die from pancreatic cancer is another hurdle I endured. Once again the 'why?' came into play and once again I know God has the answer. I know my faith was taken to a deeper level through those sixteen months and in the months to follow. I know God's goodness has seen me through so much and I also know it will see me through so much more as long as I am on this earth. This song brings about so many emotions. The tears fell this morning as I was singing and reflecting. I thought my morning starting with my husband praying over me before we got up was pretty special but him hugging me as the tears fell was even more special. God continues to bless me through him and for that I am grateful. 

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Dear Jesus, Thank You for prompting Clay to lead us in "Goodness of God" yesterday! Thank You for the visitors who blessed me in abundance and for Andy and Amy who invited them! Thank You for continuing to be with my Momma and others through these tough days! May all experience Your goodness as they go through their individual battles on this earth. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. May You continue to be close to Andy and Sharon with the loss of their daughters. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: