Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Psalm 69 - "Worn"

God woke me this morning with the song "Worn" on my heart and directed me to read Psalm 69. I love when He starts my day in this way. 

I’m Tired I’m worn
My heart is heavy
From the work it takes
To keep on breathing
I’ve made mistakes
I’ve let my hope fail
My soul feels crushed
By the weight of this world
And I know that you can give me rest
So I cry out with all that I have left

Life can be overwhelming. Some days it just seems like one thing hits after another to the point you feel like you can't even breathe. There are days where it seems like everything you do or say is wrong. You upset people. You feel like you've lost your best friend when in fact your best friend is always there for you. God needs to be our best friend. He needs to be who we turn to in good times and in 'tough' times. David's writing of Psalm 69 is what anyone could write on any given day. He is in distress and ready to give up. He begins the Psalm with lamenting and ends the Psalm with praise. This shows a relationship with God we all can experience as we allow God to be our King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Matthew Henry writes of verses thirteen and fifteen: Whatever deep waters of affliction or temptation we sink into, whatever floods of trouble or ungodly men seem ready to overwhelm us, let us persevere in prayer to our Lord to save us. The tokens of God's favour to us are enough to keep our spirits from sinking in the deepest outward troubles. If we think well of God, and continue to do so under the greatest hardships, we need not fear but he will do well for us. God is there for us at all time to empower us through the 'junk' of life. He is there when people turn away. He is there when life seems to throw one thing after another at us. He is there when we feel like we can'f put one foot in front of another. He encourages us in ways only He can. This week's sermon focuses on divine appointments. As I was crafting the sermon I thought about many divine appointments God has given me. Being woke up in the middle of the night to pray for someone without knowing why only to find out later the reason is a divine appointment I cherish. The person I prayed for was blessed in knowing God had me praying. I was blessed in knowing God used me to walk in obedience. God doesn't need our prayers. He knows the outcome of all circumstances. Such times are for our benefit to cement our faith and trust in God into place. David shows relationship with God in Psalm 69 in a way all need to live. He knows God listens when he laments. He knows God understands the hurts of our heart and is there to empower us through such times. My prayer list is long and growing every day with people who are hurting physically, mentally, emotionally, relationally, financially, and spiritually. May prayer is God will use me to make a difference in their life. As Doug and I sat at Hunting Island Saturday I thought about my relationship with God. I heard the waves crashing and thought about the times in life when I became overwhelmed with circumstances of life. God quickly reminded me He was right there with me in every circumstance as the sun/Son shined down on me. Praise His Holy Name! I pray for those going through difficult days to receive that same hope.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with more getting accomplished at the house, my visit with Sierra and Marybeth, Cait stopping by, and Doug having safe travels! Thank You for the day ahead as I continue to live out Your will! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many going through 'tough' days to receive hope from You. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait’s friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; Sharon Foor and her family; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Best Friend! Amen.

No comments: