Thursday, December 4, 2014

Psalm 19:14 - "Words"

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.   Psalm 19:14, ESV

"Words can build you up, words can break you down…" were the words I woke singing at 6 and then again at 7.  So, so true.  The thing with words is they are never forgotten.  Things people say can come back into our minds years after they are said.  Hurtful words seem to go the deepest.  When one is hurting, it is easy for hurtful words to come out of us.  

The other day while making a hospital visit with my hubby a lady told him I "prayed good" over the phone.  What a blessing that one little sentence was to me.  She couldn't have even begin to realize how much her words meant to me.  Words said in prayer last night at church encouraged me.  I'm grateful for words that "build you up" but I'm also thankful for words that "break you down" because it is through those words that we learn a lesson from the Lord.

You can heal the heartache
Speak over the fear
(Speak over the fear)
God, Your voice is the only thing
We need to hear
(We need to hear)

I have so many opportunities to be the hands and feet of Jesus but especially to share His words with ones going through tough times.  This week I spoke II Timothy 1:7 over one who was fearful going into surgery.  I also spoke Philippians 4:13 over one struggling in the ICU.  Another one of His verses I spoke over one going through trying times with loved ones health issues was James 1:2.  His words have become my words.  

Let my words be life
Let my words be truth
I don't wanna say a word
Unless it points the world back to You

The song continues…

I wanna speak Your love
Not just another noise
Oh, I wanna be Your light
I wanna be Your voice

Dear Jesus,
I do "wanna be Your voice"…I do want my words to encourage and to uplift others…I do want to have You heard through me.  Father, I know the only way that can be is for more of You and less of me to be in me.  Lord, please forgive me for words I've said that aren't uplifting and encouraging.  Please forgive me for words I've said that aren't life giving.  Lord, enable me to be better at being "Your light" in this dark world.  Thank You Jesus for people who encourage me through words.  I praise You for the way You direct people into my path that speak words of life over me.  Lord, protect my ears from any words not of You.  I pray for discernment on when people are giving me constructive criticism on whether it truly is that or if it is something the enemy is trying to put upon me.  Thank You Jesus for being My Words.  Amen.




No comments: