Saturday, December 27, 2014

Luke 2:10 - "There Will Be A Day"

But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.”  Luke 2:10

I do not believe it is coincidence that I had this verse come before me within minutes of each other this morning.  There definitely has to be something the Lord wants me to get from it.  As I read it, I first see the "Do not be afraid" being spoken over the shepherds by the angel in the field.  The angel frightened them by appearing from no where and speaking.  The angel was trying to comfort them so they would hear what he had to say.  Is that what the Lord is trying to get me to see from this verse?  Do I need comforted as I deal with this pain and numbness?  Do I need to listen closer to a message He has for me to share?  Or perhaps it's the concept of sharing Him with others which will bring joy.  There is so much loss going on in my little world.  Many have lost loved ones this year.  Some are dealing right now with the loss of good health.  Others have had financial loss and loss of relationships.  So many people are not feeling very joyful these days.  

I think of something I learned a long time ago on how to receive joy through praying...

Jesus - We need to be thankful to the Lord for all He has done and continues to do for us.
Others - As we pray for others to come into relationship with Him or into a deeper relationship with Him we will be blessed.  We need to pray not only for their physical, mental, emotional, financial, professional needs but most importantly we need to pray for their spiritual needs.
Yourself - We need to remember that praying is a two-way form of communication.  Listening is sometimes more important than speaking.

The words to Jeremy Camp's song, "There Will Be A Day" are so appropriate during these days.  I so look forward to the day when I will no longer have to deal with things of this world but instead can be in His physical presence worshiping Him.

I try to hold on to this world with everything I have
But I feel the weight of what it brings, and the hurt that tries to grab
The many trials that seem to never end, His word declares this truth
That we will enter in this rest with wonders anew
But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering
There will be a day with no more tears
No more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place
Will be no more, we'll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we'll hold on to you always
I know the journey seems so long
You feel you're walking on your own
But there has never been a step
Where youve walked out all alone
Troubled soul dont lose your heart
Cause joy and peace he brings
And the beauty thats in store
Outweighs the hurt of lifes sting
But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering
There will be a day with no more tears
No more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place
Will be no more, we'll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we'll hold on to you always
I cant wait until that day where the very one
Ive lived for always will wipe away the sorrow that Ive faced
To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery
O, this is why, this is why I sing
There will be a day with no more tears
No more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place
Will be no more, we'll see Jesus face to face
There will be a day with no more tears
No more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place
Will be no more, we'll see Jesus face to face
There will be a day he will wipe away the tears
He will wipe away the tears
He will wipe away the tears
There will be a day

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me.  Thank You for speaking to me.  Father, I am listening for Your direction on this verse.  I pray for open doors to be You to others today.  Lord, more of You and less of me is the only way I can do that.  Open my eyes and ears to opportunities.  Lord, there are just so many hurting people.  I pray most of all for them to seek You and to find You.  I pray the hurt will be healed through whatever way You so desire.  Lord, I also pray for the physical issues I am dealing with.  Thank You for doctors who have wisdom.  Lord, I pray for the medication given to me to be part of Your healing process.  I pray for an open appointment with Dr Braun, if that's the direction I am to go.  Lord, I've experienced Your instant healing before and it would be awesome if You chose to do that in this situation.  But I've also received Your healing through doctors and medicine and if that's Your will, I will be blessed.  No matter what the route is ahead I know You are in control.  I do not fear the unknown because You are already there.  Thank You Jesus for being The One That Goes Before Me.  Amen.



No comments: