Monday, December 29, 2014

Psalm 119:47; Proverbs 16:9 - "You Are Good"

My day normally begins with sitting down with a cup of coffee or my vitamin water and spending time listening to the Lord and writing.  This morning I had to make a phone call to the doctor first thing and it got me off track.  I didn't want to get into my time with God until after I received a call back from them so I started checking email, Facebook, etc.  BOOM!  This was one of the first things I read…

"Let's remember to exchange whispers with God before shouts with the world this morning. Let's take a moment to pause. Get into God's Word and let it get into us. Before the craziness of another day begins, before checking our phone for text messages, before logging onto our computer... let's soak in the life-giving truth of God's Word.” - Lysa TerKeurst

Sorry God!  I know this is my normal morning routine and I enjoy it so much.  I don't know what I would do if I didn't have God.  The relationship I have with Him encourages me through the good times and the bad times.  He is the One to lead and direct me to what He desires of me.  His voice is the one I listen to so that I will know the desires of His heart for me.  

I love the Psalms, especially Psalm 119.  One little tidbit in this Psalm that is powerful is verse forty-seven.  I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word.  I don't always "…rise before dawn…" but I do "…cry for help" from the Lord.  Even though He already knows I need to tell Him that I am His surrendered servant who wants to do His will.  I need to tell Him how much I love and appreciate Him.  I need Him to hear from my heart but most importantly I need to hear from His heart.  As I read His word and pray, He enables me to soak Him in before the busyness of my day begins.  His strength becomes my strength.  His wisdom becomes my wisdom.  His demeanor becomes my demeanor.  All because I start my day with Him.  


This picture reminds me of the importance of living a life of surrender to the Lord.  Each and every day when I start my day putting Him first in my thoughts He is able to direct my steps for the rest of the day.  I am enabled to be a hearer of His voice to know the direction I am to go.  This happens by one easy step…starting with Him.  Days like today drive me crazy when I get off track but I'm so grateful He drew me back so quickly.  Distractions can get in the way only when I allow them.  

I love the words of Kari Jobe's song, "You Are Good."  It was through the Lord drawing me to Him this morning that enabled me to get back to my normal.  It was through His kindness, goodness and mercy that He didn't allow me to continue off track.  I love, love, love the knowledge that His "…favor is my delight…"  Woo hoo!!!!  He is so good!

Your kindness leads me to repentance
Your goodness draws me to your side
Your mercy calls me to be like You
Your favor is my delight
Everyday I'll awaken my praise
and pour out a song from my heart

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for bringing me back into my normal this morning.  Thank You for loving me enough to speak through another to me.  Lord, more of You and less of me continues to be my prayer.  I know it is only through this process that I can hear Your voice and know the direction You desire of me.  Father, I don't know where You will lead me to today but I do know I'm your faithful servant who will do whatever You so desire of me.  Thank You Jesus for being who You are in my life.  Thank You for being My Life-Giver!  Amen.




No comments: