Saturday, December 20, 2014

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Why?"

Why is there so much pain in this world?  
Why are there be so many people going through loss?  
Why would an eighteen year old be killed in a car accident her senior year of high school?  Why would a family have to endure a second death within four months?
Why would parents wake to find their three year old dead?
Why would a woman leave her husband?
Why do parents have to go through their first Christmas without their child?
Why are there so many people struggling financially?
Why is there so much sickness, especially cancer?
Why is the young mother more addicted to drugs than being clean for her children?
Why do family members steal from their own family to support their addiction?
Why do some families go through so much turmoil?
Why is their fighting between siblings?
Why is the young mother faced with making some tough decisions for her physical health?

Oh my!  I told my hubby last night that I am so overwhelmed right now with all of the stuff going on in people's lives.  There are very few families who are not being effected by something right now.  Some families actually have multiple issues going on.  Yesterday in Doc's funeral message he read Proverbs 3:5-6.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

"Trust" was the word the Lord led me to yesterday morning.  I did just that to get through my day.  I trusted in Him for physical strength, mental strength, emotional strength and spiritual strength.  It was the only way I knew I would be able to "do" the day.  He was so good in the way He strengthen me.  As I was asked to pray for one thing after another I started feeling overwhelmed.  Then He gave me a quietness in my spirit and said, "Daughter, trust me and I will take care of these things."  I just about dropped where I was standing in the foyer of the church and cried when He spoke those words to me.  He is so good to me.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the strength for yesterday and for the strength You will empower me with today.  Thank You for Your direction on what to do and when to do it.  Father, I pray for each of these situations.  I pray for more people to trust You with their whole being.  Lord, thank You for answered prayer last night with the situation of being on-call.  Thank You for rest.  Father, I pray for more of You and less of me so that I may be able to be the servant You desire of me.  I feel so inadequate at times with the things You put in my path but I know You are there to lead and guide.  Thank You Jesus for being The One I Trust In.  Amen.

No comments: