Thursday, December 11, 2014

Job 1:21b - "Broken Hallelujah"

"...may the name of the LORD be praised."
Job 1:21b

I woke up this morning singing "Broken Hallelujah" and just can't seem to get it out of my head.  I believe the Lord is encouraging me to remember He is my strength no matter what I am going through.  He is the One I need to rely upon each and every day.  I also know He is the One who will accept my "broken hallelujah" when I am going through tough days.  

The word "hallelujah" means to praise.  When I think of a "broken hallelujah," I think of one who is incapable of completely praising the Lord.  I don't think I fall into that category but I must admit this pain is a distraction in life right now.  I sure don't want it to pull me away from praising the Lord.  I need to make sure I continue to seek the Lord.

I've seen joy and I've seen pain
On my knees, I call Your name
Here's my broken hallelujah

I also need to pray for the Lord's wisdom on what to do and when to do it regarding calling the doctor.  The best part about the situation is knowing He is in control.  I know He could speak and the pain would be gone.  But I also know He may have a reason to keep the pain in my body.  

Even though I don't know what your plan is
I know You're making beauty from these ashes

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder today that You will accept my "broken hallelujah" and be blessed through it.  Thank You for all the times You've healed me and for all the times to come for a healing.  Father, not only do I pray for my pain today but I also pray for Doc's pain.  I admit it's trying with both of us in pain but I know You are there for us.  Father, I pray I will be strong like Job and continue to praise You through tough times.  I know that type of strength will be a part of me as You become more in me and I become less. Lord, I also pray for those going through tough times.  I pray they will turn to You and find the way to give You their "broken hallelujah" too.  Thank You Jesus for being My Encourager.  Amen.



No comments: