Friday, December 26, 2014

Jeremiah 1:5 - My Baby Turns Thirty!

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
    before you were born I set you apart;
    I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”  Jeremiah 1:5
This time of year brings a lot of anticipation into the hearts of people.  There is the anticipation of gifts for little ones and family times for grown-ups.  Thirty years ago for Christmas I was anticipating the birth of my second child.  It was a different kind of anticipation as we were told he had a physical defect early in the pregnancy but then told the next month “everything is normal.”  We prayed and we believed the Lord had healed him but yet as humans we still had some doubt in the back of our mind.  I believe the enemy was trying to scare us but the Lord had greater plans.

When I was a little girl, I prayed for the babies I would have some day to be healthy.  That prayer was answered.

Before I became pregnant with Ben I prayed for the Lord to bless me with another child.
That prayer was answered.
When we were told there was something wrong with Ben, we prayed for a healing.
That prayer was answered.
As Ben was growing up he was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, once again we prayed for a healing.
That prayer was answered.
Also while he was growing up I prayed for Ben to grow up and marry a godly woman.
That prayer was answered.
Another prayer while he was growing up was that Ben would be a great Daddy.
That prayer was answered.
The ultimate prayer from the time Ben was born was that he would follow Jesus.
That prayer was answered.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Ben...for his life...for the love he has for you.  I ask that You continue to bless him.  Lord, I am so proud of the man he has become.  I love seeing him serving you, especially when we get to serve together!  Thank You Jesus for loving Him so greatly!  Thank You for being His Heavenly Father.  Amen.


No comments: