Wednesday, December 10, 2014

I Corinthians 13:13 - Love


Last night in Bible study we studied I Corinthians 13.  Then this morning I heard a prayer with "faith…hope…love" in it.  I'm thinking the Lord wants me to remember just how important "love" is.  In order for me to love another, I first must love myself.  In order for the love of the Lord to ooze out of me, I first must love Him.  It's important to have faith and hope but the most important aspect for us is to have "love."  

I was thinking about the word "love" and what it truly means.  A few different things come to my mind but when it comes to the love the Lord has for me I think of sacrificial.  He gave His life so I could live.  If He is the example I am to follow, then I need to give of my life sacrificially.  I need to make sure I am loving others as He would love them.  Sometimes that means it has to be a tough love where people don't always want to accept it.  There are times the Lord gives me words to share with people that aren't the easiest to share nor are they the easiest for them to accept.  But when given in His love in the end they will be accepted.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love.  Thank You for the way You remind me of things that I need to ponder.  Lord, Your love, mercy and grace are so awesome!  As I think back on my life, I am one blessed lady.  Thank You Jesus!  Thank You for giving me more of You and less of me so that Your love will flow from me.  Lord, guide my steps.  Guide my words.  Guide my heart to be Jesus to all I meet.  Father, once again I come to You and ask for Your healing touch upon my body.  I also pray for Doc's pain.  Lord, in Your name, I pray for a healing.  Thank You Jesus for being My Love.  Amen.

No comments: