Tuesday, December 16, 2014

John 15:7 - God Delivers





Yesterday was a day where we were truly amazed with the way the Lord continued to open doors and answer prayers throughout the day.  Sunday night we prayed about whether or not now was the time to buy a new vehicle.  This has been something we've been struggling with since late summer.  Doc prayed if we weren't to go that God would put something in our day to stop us.  I prayed for Him to give us peace that now was the time and for Doc to not get stressed out in the process.  As we prepared to leave yesterday morning, I kept praying for His will.

John 15:7 can be read that no matter what we want the Lord will give it to us.  God is not a Santa Claus in the sky waiting to shower us with "stuff" but rather is a loving God who wants to bless us with the desires of His heart.  When we abide in Him, living a life of surrender to His will and ways, the desires of His heart will become the desires of our heart.  

As I think about the whole idea of Santa Claus, I wonder if we are doing our children more harm than good letting them believe there is a Santa Claus.  I've always been OK with the practice if the children are being raised knowing the Lord.  But as I think about it I wonder if we, as parents, are teaching them something that will make them believe the Lord will give them everything they want.  We teach children they need to be on the "nice list" and not the "naughty list" in order to be rewarded.  But what we really need to teach children is that the Lord blesses all who abide in Him with the desires of their heart if/when it is the desires of His heart.  I'm thankful for times the Lord answered my prayers with a "no" or a "later" because many times things were revealed to me that it was best.

Yesterday the peace continued as no obstacles came in the way of our leaving.  The peace continued as we traveled to the car dealership.  Fifteen minutes from the car dealership Doc asked me to call the lady to let her know we were almost there.  He had taken a screen shot from their website that included her picture.  When I brought it up on his phone, I thought she looked like a lady I sold Tupperware with thirty-four years ago.  The first name was the same but I couldn't believe it would be her.  She had always lived in Wayne County and here we were headed to Delaware.  When I called, I asked her if she had ever worked in Orrville and she said "yes" so then I asked if she use to sell Tupperware and once again her answer was "yes."  Wow!  

When we got to the car dealership, her and I reunited and talked about our families.  We are still connected through a family member of hers being involved in my mother's life.  Another amazing thing was her and her husband own farmland in Willard.  Now if that isn't a God thing I don't know what is!  

Another God thing was the vehicle we wanted to see was listed as being on their lot but it hadn't been delivered yet.  Well, God took care of that too!  The salesman came in with the keys to it and a big smile on his face.  "I don't know how this happened because it wasn't suppose to be delivered until later but it's here."  We knew it was God taking care of business!  The process of buying the vehicle was so peaceful.  Yes, peaceful.  Another miracle.  No haggling.  No going back and forth with "let me ask my manager" like we had experienced previously.  

As we were sitting waiting on them to get it ready to go we began a conversation with our salesman.  Earlier he had said he is always told he is an "old" twenty-six year old.  At that time I said our youngest is an "old" soon to be thirty year old.  Another God moment happened during our conversation.  He knows our Ben!  They lived in the same town for awhile and his wife had been to a function with Ben's church.  Not only that but Ben's father-in-law married him and his wife a few years ago.  We were blown away!

Even though it was a long day, it was not a stressful day until we had to be in Columbus traffic at rush hour.  I don't do well in such stuff!  On top of the traffic I had not ate all day besides a pack of cracker I bought out of the vending machine and two pieces of candy from the office candy bucket.  I felt so crabby and so on edge.  I was so out of sorts and just needed to feel that same peace as I had all day.  I was so thankful when we stopped and I got some nourishment into me.  Traffic wasn't near as bad after that.  I'm not sure if it were because of praying, if it truly was less or if it was because of my mental state.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the peace You gave yesterday.  I praise You for the knowledge of John 15:7.  I know You answer my prayers.  I also know when they are the desires of Your heart they will be answered favorably.  Lord, thank You for all of the ways You revealed Yourself to us yesterday.  The connections we had with the different ones at the car dealership were amazing.  The no-hassle negotiations were unheard of for most car buying experiences.  Father, there is no doubt in my mind that You went before us and knew exactly which vehicle we were to buy and when we were to buy it.  Thank You Jesus for being The One I Abide In. Amen.

No comments: