Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Psalm 90 - "Everlasting/From The Inside Out"



Oh my...God is so amazing! This morning He woke me to the song "Everlasting/From The Inside Out" and He told me to read Psalm 90. Verse two reads:

Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world,
    from everlasting to everlasting you are God.


Wow, God! You are so good! Your love to us can be so overwhelming! You can be so overwhelming! I am amazed (even though nothing should surprise me about you) at how You work! I am so thankful You are "everlasting"! I am thankful Your love is "everlasting" for us! I am thankful for the knowledge "everlasting Your light will shine when all else fades..." The word "everlasting" means to last forever or eternal. That is exactly what God is. We humans will die and leave this earth but our lives do not end then. As we live for Him on this earth, we will live with Him forever in heaven. Woo hoo! Death is not the end but rather is the beginning. Those who are in relationship with Him on this earth have hope of eternal life with Him. That is exciting! We must get to the point where we say, "my heart and my soul..I give You control...consume me from the inside out..." Dying to self and allowing Him to live and through us is the only way we will live with Him for eternity. As we live on this earth, there will be tough days. We must remember to praise Him through them. Verse fifteen of Psalm 90 reads, Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, for as many years as we have seen trouble. We must remember He does not leave us but instead is there to strengthen us through tough times. He will be our Strength as we allow Him to be. As we dig deeper in our faith through tough days, He will bless us with more of Him. If we start to falter, He will steady us and enrich us. Tough days are hard sometimes to get through. Especially when they come one after another. When it seems like there are no open doors, it can become discouraging. But that is what the enemy wants. He wants us to give up. He wants us to fall into his traps. We must stand strong in our faith and not give him any satisfaction. We must not give up pursuing what God desires. Sometimes I wonder how much more we can take but then I realize Jesus is our example in doing our Father's will. We cannot give up. We cannot quit. We cannot allow the enemy to have his way. Instead we must rest in the knowledge that our Heavenly Father will pour down His favor upon us as we continue to walk in obedience. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for Your favor! Thank You for the words of Psalm 90 that encourage me to not give up! Thank You for the children and teens who came last night! Thank You for protection over Doc as he drove the church bus in the rain! Father, cleanse me today so You can fill me so You can use me to be a beacon of light in this dark world. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. I pray for favor to complete the taxes. I pray for clarity as I work on them. May Your supernatural power come down upon me to complete this task. Thank You Jesus for being My Everlasting! Amen.

No comments: