Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Psalm 19 - "Mercy Me Medley"




The Lord took me to Psalm 19 this morning. I believe He wants to reiterate in my heart just how much I need to be in His Word. I need to not only read it but I need to soak it into my spirit. I need to remember it so when I am in situations where I cannot open a Bible it will be with me. I need to allow it to flow out of my mouth as easy as any other words that come. The only way for this to happen is for the Lord to cleanse me so He can fill me to overflowing with Himself. If there is even one little speck of sin within me, I cannot be who He has called me to be. I must be clean before Him to do what He desires of me. This cleansing must occur before I can hear His Voice. It also must occur before I can walk in obedience to what He tells me to do. I love the word pictures found in Psalm 19 in The Message. God created the earth. He created night and day. He created all of the beauty we see around us. Matthew Henry wrote, "The sun in the firmament is an emblem of the Sun of righteousness, the Bridegroom of the church, and the Light of the world, diffusing Divine light and salvation by his gospel to the nations of the earth." He desires to have all walk in His Light. He will do this through His Holy Word. It is greater than any other thing on this earth. It's Words will be what changes the hearts of people. As we live out His Word, people will desire to have what we have. Love, joy, peace, etc. They will see us having a peace when it does not seem possible. They will see us loving people who seem unlovable. They will see us experiencing joy even in tough times. It is through reading Scripture such as Psalm 19 that we will be encouraged to live such a life. The Holy Spirit uses Scripture to not only teach us but to encourage us. He uses it to open our eyes to what God desires of us. In this particular Psalm we see David asking for forgiveness for not only what he knew he had done wrong but also for that he did not realize he had done wrong. We need to pray in this same manner every day. God's grace is sufficient for the known and the unknown. He is ready to love us through both as we pray for forgiveness. We do not know when the return of the Lord will happen. Therefore, we need to stay prayed-up at all time. We need to be walking in righteousness and not in sin. As we live in this manner, we will be assured of eternity with our Heavenly Father. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for Your cleansing empowerment over my life! Thank You for cleansing me this morning of anything I did yesterday not of You! Thank You for filling me to overflowing with more of You and less of me! Thank You for giving me Your Word to ponder upon, soak up, and live out! Father, go before me today and be my words, actions, and attitude in a new, different way! May You be greater than anything the enemy throws my way! May You shine through me so brightly people will only see You instead of me! Thank You for being the Priest-of-my-Altar! Amen.

No comments: