Thursday, April 4, 2019

II Chronicles 20:15b; I Corinthians 10:11; I Peter5:6-7 - "Need You Now"



God woke me this morning with these words going through my mind...

How many times have you heard me cry out 
"God please take this"? 
How many times have you given me strength to 
Just keep breathing? 
Oh I need you 
God, I need you now. 


I started praying for ones in my little world who are hurting so badly and need His strength to get through the tough days they are experiencing. Some with physical issues. Some with relationship issues. Some are dealing with loved ones who need the Lord so badly yet have blinded eyes. My heart goes out to all of them. I am thankful for the ones who realize God's strength is the only thing to get them through these days but I am sadden for those who do not have that realization. I have said it many times that I do not know how people get through life without Christ as their focus. Where would I be if He were not my focus? God is the Only One to answer that question but I do know I would not be where I am today without Him. I would be walking around as a lost soul with no direction at all. Yesterday as I was faced with many sad situations I began to feel overwhelmed. I cried. I prayed. I cried some more. The weight of many burdens came down upon me. Then God brought to me the words given to Jehoshaphat in II Chronicles 20. When his only option was to pray, that is what he did. The picture was bleak for the future of Judah as a great number of men were coming to attack. But when he prayed God told him a very important piece of information. It really was not his battle to fight. If he tried to fight the battle in his own strength, Judah would be overtaken. Instead he needed to realize the battle needed fought in God's strength. We need to learn from the Israelites who saw God's power over and over again as they were in the wilderness yet they still did not believe. I do not believe their account is in the Bible by accident but instead for us to learn from. I Corinthians 10:11 reads, Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come. We must learn from their mistakes. We must not allow the enemy to pull our focus off of God through our circumstances here on earth. We must have confidence in knowing God is with us even when we feel alone. The way to do this is to resist the enemy when he comes knocking at our door. I find strength in I Peter 5:6-7...

Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for
“God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Yes! As we walk in the 'wilderness' we will receive His power when we ask for it. Sometimes that does not happen right away because there is a lesson to be learned. But as we submit to Him and stay in constant focus on Him, He will supply the strength needed to get through. He also will give us victory over the evil one.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being with me yesterday when I became overwhelmed. Thank You for loving on me as I loved on others. Lord, my heart is heavy for so many people. I will stay focused on You as I minister to them. The only way I can do that in the manner You desire is by Your cleansing of my spirit so You can fill me with more of You. I pray specifically for my friend who is going through so much junk with his alcoholic wife and other issues in life. Lord, help Him to experience Your peace with all that is happening in his life. I also pray for my two elderly friends who need to feel Your love during these tough days. I pray for people to come into their lives who will encourage them. Father, be with Dale who received 'good/not so good' news about his cancer. Once again, I pray for people to encourage him and Cathy. I ask for encouragement and strength for my friends who are struggling with their adult daughter who has turned away from You. I pray for all on my prayer list with physical needs or loved ones with physical needs to be encouraged by You today so they will not allow the enemy any open door. Father, raise up more encouragers in these tough days. Lord, there are just so many who seem to go from one issue to another. May You be their Strength. I pray for Doc's pains to be removed today as he brings his sermon together. Thank You Jesus for being My Protector! Amen.


No comments: