Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Psalm 119:105 - "Thy Word"



"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path..." These words were going through my mind throughout the night and again this morning. The song continues...

When I feel afraid
And think I've lost my way
Still, You're there right beside me
Nothing will I fear
As long as You are near
Please be near me to the end


Yes! We have nothing to fear as long as we lean into the Lord. He is there for us in 'good' times and in 'bad' times. He is there to comfort us, to love on us, to empower us, and to make sure we never feel alone. Unfortunately, the enemy is there to tear us down. He is there to make us feel like God has left us when in fact He never will leave us. There is strength when we realize this. There is empower when we lean into God. He is greater than anything the enemy can throw our way. He is greater than words thrown against us by others. He is greater than illnesses, disease, deaths of family members, etc. He is greater than anything that comes our way. Plain and simple. He is greater. When we walk in obedience to Him, we are empowered to be greater than the enemy. Woo hoo! As humans, that is hard to understand but when we live in the Lord's presence we are different. We have empowerment those who do not live in His presence can realize. We have His strength that is only found in His presence. We do not have to choose a life of bitterness over what God has allowed to happen to us. Instead we need to choose joy in knowing it is only by His love that we will be able to not only survive but to survive with hope. The Hope of Christ can only be found when we choose Him. There are so many unknowns in life. Will this happen? Will I survive this? Why am I going through this or that? Where is God when I'm going through this? Why doesn't He stop this? The questions go on and on but the only answer is God is with us. He never will leave us. He desires to bless us through the trials of life. He desires to see us depend upon Him instead of ourselves. He wants us to realize He is all we need. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song during the night that encouraged me! Oh how I pray it will encourage others to not give up! I pray people will have the desire in their heart to lean into You! Lord, cleanse me this morning so You can fill me and use me throughout this day! You know what is ahead. I pray You will go before me and open doors of opportunity for me to walk through. Father, I am praying this morning for so many but especially for Doc who continues with pain, for one who was diagnosed with colon cancer yesterday, my pastor friend with cancer, my friend Mike as he deals with his alcoholic wife, and Sandie and Jim as they continue the road they are on with her stroke. May You be exactly what each of these ones need today. May Your strength and empowerment be taken on by each of them in a new, different way. Thank You for being My Ever Present Empowerment! Amen.



No comments: