Thursday, April 11, 2019

Psalm 119 - "Thy Word"



During the night and then again this morning God had the words to a song Amy Grant sings going through my mind. "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." These words come directly from the Scripture Psalm 119:105. The song contiues:

When I feel afraid,
And think I've lost my way.
Still, You're there right beside me.
Nothing will I fear
As long as You are near;
Please be near me to the end.


We have nothing to fear when we have the Lord. There is nothing greater than Him. He can move mountains that seem unmovable and do it in the blink of an eye. He will never leave us no matter how desperate our situation appears. His Word tells us in II Timothy 1:7 that He does not put fear into us. It tells us in Philippians 4:13 that His strength will be our strength. It tells us in Hebrews 13:5 that He will always be with us. When we ponder upon this Scripture, we need to remember Psalm 119:15. His Word will guide us through life. That is why it is so important to memorize His Word. Then when we get into tough situations it will be with us. In verse eleven of Psalm 119 it speaks of hiding His Word in our heart. That is what it means to memorize it. I love verses nine through sixteen of this passage. In The Message it reads...

How can a young person live a clean life?
    By carefully reading the map of your Word.
I’m single-minded in pursuit of you;
    don’t let me miss the road signs you’ve posted.
I’ve banked your promises in the vault of my heart
    so I won’t sin myself bankrupt.
Be blessed, God;
    train me in your ways of wise living.
I’ll transfer to my lips
    all the counsel that comes from your mouth;
I delight far more in what you tell me about living
    than in gathering a pile of riches.
I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you,
    I attentively watch how you’ve done it.
I relish everything you’ve told me of life,
    I won’t forget a word of it.


These verses tell me as I carefully read His Word I will be directed in living a life of holiness. The more I take in of Him, the more of Him will come out of me. The more I soak in His Word, the more His Word will become my way of living. Woo hoo! That is exciting to me! That gives me hope in a hopeless world. That makes me desire to be in His Word more than ever. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Word that directs me so wonderfully! Thank You for enabling me to remember Your Word in 'good' and 'bad' days! Thank You for the cleansing power You have to pour over me so I can start the day pure! Thank You for pouring Yourself into me so people will see/hear You instead of me today! Thank You for being who You are in my life! Father, go before me today and enable me to recollect Your Word throughout this day! No matter what comes before me, bring Your Word to my lips! I love the part in The Message where it reads, I'll transfer to my lips all the counsel that comes from your mouth... May it be so, Lord, may it be so. May I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you. May I never forget a word of what you've told me of life. Thank You Jesus for being My Guide! Amen.

No comments: