Sunday, April 7, 2019

I John 4:4b - 'Well Done"


Well done, well done
My good and faithful one
Welcome to the place where you belong
Well done, well done
My beloved child
You have run the race and now you're home
Welcome to the place where you belong

I woke up this morning with these words going through my mind. It was a tough night with little sleep. After praying for pastors before I went to bed and again at 1:30, I could not go back to sleep. I prayed for many more people but still could not sleep. I asked God over and over again but was still awake at 3:30. I have a lot of on my mind after working on taxes last night. I kept wondering if I would be able to accomplish them myself or not. I pray I can after spending money on the software. I started thinking about how much easier it was when I could just give the stuff to Mike and he took care of it. That took my prayers to Peggy who is going through her first year of tax season without him. I can't imagine how lost she feels without him after all the years they were together. That took me to praying for Grammy and Mr. Fran who have lost their mates years ago and now facing losing their homes and freedom. That took me to praying for Sandie who had a stroke and can't speak. She has lost physical freedoms. That took me to praying for many with Dementia and Alzheimer's. Them and their families have lost so much with these diseases. That took me to praying for those with cancer and their families who have lost so much physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially. That took me back to praying for pastors who give of themselves wholeheartedly to what the Lord asks of them. Many of them and their families also have lost family time, finances, and have been spend emotionally as they pour their lives into others. A lot of people can not ever comprehend how much a pastor gives up to be what God has called them to be. But they also cannot comprehend how blessed a pastor is when people bless them. Those blessings come in a variety of ways. If you would ask most pastors how a person could bless them, it would not have anything to do with money. It would be that people would walk a road of obedience to our Lord. Sure monetary gifts, gift cards, being taken out to eat are nice but there is nothing better than seeing someone accept Christ and then allowing Him to cleanse them daily so He can use them whatever way He desires. If more people would live such a life, the pastor's life would greatly be enriched. Their calendar would give them more time to do what God is calling to do. As I prepare for the day ahead, I am asking God to fill me physically with more of Him so I can be empowered to be who He has called me to be. I am praying for all pastors who may have had a tough night of rest to be filled in the same manner. I know my husband wrestled with pain throughout the night along with dealing with my issues. It seems like many pastors struggle on Saturday nights. I believe the enemy tries anything in his power to make them miserable so they will not have a 'good' day on Sundays. He doesn't realize just how great our God is. Our God is greater than having five and a half hours of sleep. Our God is greater than pain in our physical bodies. Our God is greater than doing taxes. Our God is greater than anything he can throw our way. Plain and simple. Our God is greater.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these words of encouragement this morning. Thank You for being with me throughout the night. Thank You for being with every pastor as they go into the pulpit this morning. Thank You for Your strength to get through obstacles yesterday the enemy through our way to make contacts yesterday at Kidfest. Thank You for being greater! Thank You for the blessings received yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day in a new, different way. Thank You for being My Greater! Amen.

No comments: