Thursday, April 18, 2019

Matthew 22:38-40 - "Legacy"

I woke up with these words going through my mind...

I want to leave a legacy, how will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to you enough
To make a mark on things? I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who blessed your name
Unapologetically and leave that kind of legacy


The most important thing we can do in life is to live with God's love oozing out of me. The only way for that to happen is to be in relationship with Him. We have to be able to hear His Voice to know what He desires of us. Then, and only then, will we be able to love as He loves. It will be then we will be able to see past other people's flaws and not be judgmental of them. We also will have desires in our heart that do not make sense to others. Oh how I desire more of Him in me. I desire to have more of His desires in my heart. Then people will see Him instead of me. That is my goal in life. As I live such a life, I will be living out the greatest commandment Jesus gave to us.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that enables me to come before You this morning to pray for more of You in me. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me. Thank You for being with me during the night as Mordecei was struggling. Thank You for the strength You will empower me with today to function. Thank You for giving us wisdom with him on how to help him. Father, go before and open doors of opportunity to love people as You have called me to do. Thank You Jesus for being My Love! Amen.


No comments: