Saturday, April 6, 2019

Psalm 49 - "Jesus I Believe"


The Lord woke me to read Psalm 49. After reading it in a couple versions I focused on verses thirteen through fifteen in The Message. These verses speak about people who do not live in relationship with God. Maybe they know Him but do not live in His presence. I have found one can know Him yet not live with Him flowing out of them. Until we die to self, we cannot grasp what He really means. It takes allowing Him to have total control over every aspect of our life before we will realize what He desires of us. Every moment of our day must be focused on His will instead of what we desire. The deeper we go in our walk with Him, the more His will be what we want. His desire is for all to live for Him twenty-four seven. He wants to bless us through using us as His hands and feet but that is only possible when we say 'yes' to Him and 'no' to ourselves. We must be willing to say 'yes' when it doesn't make sense or when it hurts. We must be willing to give up things He asks of us. Sometimes it means giving up the comforts of life as we know it so He can stretch us. Sometimes it means saying things, going places, doing things, etc. that we do not normally do. Sometimes it means praying in ways we normally would be scared to pray. Living a life of obedience does not sound easy but in fact it is because of the peace He gives as such life is lived out. I am grateful for the life He has given me. Is it hard? Yes, when I allow my humanness to take over. Is it worth it? Yes, because I know my goal is eternal life with Christ and as I walk this road of obedience I will reach my goal. Is it rewarding? Yes, as I see how He uses me to be His hands and feet. Is it discouraging? It can be if I allow the enemy any open door. Praise His Holy Name He is my Strength throughout the 'good' and the 'bad' times on this earth. I also praise Him for physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual strength that He gives me every day. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the opportunities You provided yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Father, I need Your empowerment today to not only get through this day but to shine brightly for You. I know for that to happen I first must ask for forgiveness from my sins so You can cleanse me and then fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You empower me today to be Your hands and feet in a new, different way. Lord, I pray for those You had me pray for during the night. Doc, Billie, Gay, Bill and Rachel's granddaughter, Carletta, Connie, Barbie and Chris, Mike, Emma, and many more. May You be their Strength today in a mighty way. I also pray for our efforts at Kidfest today. May each one of us show Your love to all we meet. May people sense You through us. Thank You Jesus for being My Filler. Amen.

No comments: