Friday, April 26, 2019

Psalm 87 - "My Life Is In You Lord"

The Lord took me to Psalm 87 this morning. It is a Psalm of how God loves the church. He loves His people. Verses one through three speak of Christ being the Foundation of the church. The church finds its strength through living a life of holiness. This made me pray for those in churches today who are not living such a life. A church body is only as strong as the people. If the people are not living a life of obedient to what God asks of them, they and the church have a weakness within them. It saddens me to see believers who are still holding onto 'stuff' instead of allowing God to work in and through them. Verses four through seven show us a church full of sold-out believers is a church that will receive the gift of ultimate grace. I desire to have my name wrote on the Lamb's Book of Life. I was so excited a few weeks ago when Miss Evelyn and Mr Beckett accepted Christ into their heart. That is what life is all about. They are being taught how to live life to the fullest and I could not be anymore blessed by that. My heart breaks for children who are grounded from coming to church because they did or didn't do something. It breaks my heart to see children being raised by parents who don't care about their spiritual being. I had a conversation with a Momma the other day that I was blessed in how the Lord gave me His words to respond with. When I invited her to church, she told me she doesn't go to church. She said she did not want anything to do with it but if her children want to go she won't stop them. They have to make their own decisions. Her children are three and eight. I am thankful they are choosing to come to church but good grief they are only three and eight and they are making their own decisions?!?!? What is the parent's responsibility?!?!? There are so many children I feel like I am being the spiritual parent too. I am blessed with this responsibility but I also am praying for parents to take on this role for their children. I remember when I was growing up our church was blessed with Fern Martin and Mary Troyer who would pick up children and bring them to church. In the Willard Church it was Martha Gillenwater who picked up children. There were stories of how Martha would go into people's houses and dress the children and take them to church when the parents were still in bed. These ladies took responsibility for so many souls. I want to be a Fern Martin, Mary Troyer, or Martha Gillenwater. I desire to be known for being a person who cares for children's souls to the point of going an extra mile to be sure they are in church. I want God to empower me to be who He has called me to be so souls will be won and names will be written down in the Lamb's Book of Life. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace. Thank You for these words that remind me of what Your Church is. Thank You for encouraging me to not give up loving on children. Thank You for walking before me and opening doors to what Your desire of me. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May children and adults have the desire to have You in their life because of what they see through me. Father, I pray for Doc to receive answers for his pain today as he sees the doctor. I pray for the doctor to have Your wisdom. Thank You Jesus for being My Life! Amen.

No comments: