Monday, April 22, 2019

James 1:2-4 - "Look Up Child"



I was awake several times during the night. One of the times I woke myself up crying out from a 'bad' dream. Several of the times I woke up I had these words going through my mind...

Look up child, hey
Look up child, hey

This song has been going through my head for the last couple of days. There are so many in my prayers who are going through 'tough' days with doubt, despair, grief, anger, etc. due to circumstances they are going through. I continue to pray for...
  • Doc who has multiple health issues
  • Sandie and Jim who are dealing with her stroke
  • Gay and her family with her brother's death 
  • Mike with his alcoholic wife
  • Two families with relationship issues
  • One who is going through testing for possible cancer
  • A friend who has to move
  • Sharon with her Momma in Riverside Hospital
  • John, a pastor friend, Ellen, Dale, Billie, and many others with cancer
  • Two friends with dementia
  • Bob and Connie and they continue to battle his health issues
  • A few friends with their spouse having Alzheimer's
We all need to "look up" to Jesus whether we are having 'good' days or 'bad' days. We need to rely upon His strength. We need to listen to His direction. The best way to do this is to live in His presence. He will speak to us but we must be in relationship with Him so we can hear His Voice. He will not always take away 'bad' days because it is in those times we will go deeper in our faith. This morning I am thinking about the words of James 1 where we are told to "count it all joy" through 'tough' times. That is not an easy thing to do but it is possible. The only way though for it to be possible is to be seeking Him with our whole being. We must die to self so He can live in and through us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for giving me the opportunity to pray for many. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit this morning so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for You to be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Go before me and love through me. Thank You for all the ways You will shine through me today. Thank You for being who You are in my life. Thank You for being My Joy Maker! Amen.


No comments: