Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Psalm 83 - "O Come to the Altar"


At 3:50AM when Mordecei wanted to go potty I prayed the Lord would enable me to go back to sleep. I was so tired and did not think I could start my day again early. I prayed for my friend Sandie and her family and thankfully fell back to sleep until the alarm went off at 7:30AM. The first thought that God gave me was to read Psalm 83 and He put these words from  "O Come To The Altar" in my mind...

O come to the altar
The Father's arms are open wide
Forgiveness was bought with
The precious blood of Jesus Christ

Last night I had both age groups together since Doc wasn't feeling well. We had a very small group with it being spring break and I was so blessed with the evening. I love seeing our teens interact with our little ones. Listening to all of them tell me the Easter story through the Resurrection Eggs was heartwarming. It thrills my heart to know we are putting God's Word into their hearts. Then watching the teens help the little ones with crafts and playing outside with them continued to bless me. God is so good! He loves us so much and desires to bless us. He especially will bless us as we walk the road of obedience. He did not have His Son die on the cross for just one or two of us but for all of us. Psalm 83 sounds pretty harsh as David pleads for God to take care of those who are working against him. But sometimes we have to pray for hard things to happen to people before they will come to God. Doc prays for 'people's beds to be hard...their food to not taste good...etc.' That seems mean yet if it is what it will take to get them to realize God needs to be in their life, it is the best thing for them. Last night as I prayed our closing prayer I silently prayed for the parents of our children and teens to come to know Christ. I prayed for what the children are learning with us to ooze out of them in a way that will make their parents desire a relationship with Christ and for the ones who already know Him to go deeper with Him. We are pouring His love into them and are blessed as we see it coming back out of them as I saw last night. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day! Thank You for my visit with my elderly friend and the ones who live in her facility! Thank You for the blessings of my time with the children and teens last night! You are so good, God! I praise Your Holy Name for having Your Son die not just for me but for all! I praise You for the way You will cleanse my spirit this morning so You can use me today to love on others in the way You so desire! Go before me and be my words, actions, and attitude in a new, different way. May people see and hear You through me. Father, I pray for You to continue to be with those who are in the hospital and their families. Sandie, Bob, Bonnie. I pray for those who are dealing with family issues such as alcoholism and aging of parents. I pray for one who has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. Father, may all of these ones know You are their strength as they allow You to be. Thank You Jesus for being My Heavenly Father! Amen.

No comments: