Friday, April 12, 2019

Rev. 21:27 - "O Come To The Altar"


Seeing this picture yesterday and then reading these words written by their Momma blessed this Grandma's heart in abundance...

During our Names of God study, we read about God being the Judge of the whole earth and how there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Evelyn then told me that she doesn’t really remember a time that she accepted Jesus but that she was ready now. Beckett said he was too. We talked for a while about what it means and then we prayed together and celebrated! What an exciting day - their names are written in Lamb’s book of life!

The icing on the cake was every time I woke up during the night and then again this morning I had the words to "O Come To The Altar" going through my mind.

O come to the altar
The Father's arms are open wide
Forgiveness was bought with
The precious blood of Jesus Christ

Yes! His arms are always ready to receive us no matter if we are eleven or ninety. They are ready to accept us into His Kingdom for eternity not just for a moment. Miss Evelyn and Mr Beckett have always been taught to love God and to have servant hearts. Their Momma and Daddy are living examples of this type of living. I am so grateful for the way they are being raised. They are not being taught you need to go to church but instead are being taught you need to be in relationship with Christ which will give you the desire to go to church. They are being taught to live out the fruit of the spirit...love, joy, peace, long-suffering  kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. These fruit are only shown from those who are sanctified for the Lord. Such a life requires us to go a step past salvation where we die to self and take on a life of living as Christ. It takes saying 'yes' when it doesn't make sense. It takes walking places and saying things we never would do on our own. It takes being willing to do whatever He asks of us. I am so blessed in knowing these two are being led to live such a life. As I pray for them and the rest of my grandchildren, I pray for God to be first. That can be hard for a child, especially in the teen years, but it is not impossible. There will be times when wrong decisions are made but the best part about it is that Jesus is always there to love on us and cleanse us. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for Miss Evelyn and Mr Beckett's names written down in the Lamb's Book of Life! Thank You for Ben and Emily who are living a life of great example for You! Thank You for the way You will continue to guide them! Father, today I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me with more of You! May You be greater than any word I speak, anything I do, and any attitude I may have today! May You be my Strength to not just get through this day but to thrive! May You be greater than the enemy when he tries to put doubt in my mind that I can't 'do' this day! Thank You Father for being My Savior! Amen.


No comments: