Sunday, April 21, 2019

Matthew 28:6 - "He Lives"


My prayers for pastors on Saturday nights took a turn this week. God had me praying for pastors not be disappointed in today. That seemed a bit weird when it's Resurrection Sunday. Some churches will be filled to the brim. Others will be sparse. Some people who don't normally go to church will be in attendance today since it is a holiday. Some who normally go will not go. I have heard all sorts of excuses this week and my heart broke with each one. I can't imagine how pastors who have poured themselves into the sermon, the service, etc. thinking there would be people there who are not normally only to look out over their usual group of people. God had me praying for them to not get discouraged when they have put so much time into today to find themselves disappointed. He had me pray for those pastors who did not put much time into preparation to not blame themselves when their church is not full unless they did not walk in obedience to His direction. He had me pray for those who He prompted to invite people and didn't. He also had me pray for those who did invite people for those people to go to church. He had me pray for pastors who invited people yet the people will go elsewhere to realize it is not about where the people go but that they go. He had me pray for a pastor who will turn in their resignation tomorrow due to not being able to cope with days of ministry such as today. My prayers were for them to walk in obedience to Him instead of trying to do things on their own strength. Today is a day of celebration in the life of a believer. It is a day that goes beyond bunny rabbits, egg hunts, etc. and celebrates our Lord Jesus Christ who died and rose again to live forever. It goes beyond special meals and activities. It is a day where believers need to gather together to celebrate who He is in their lives. Oh how I pray for those who are not living for Him to come to fall on their knees and accept Him into their life. I am praying for people who claim to be believers to start living like they are. I am so tired of the drama people bring into their life and into the lives of others. Oh how I pray for them to wake up to God's way instead of their way. I pray for people who claim to be believers to open their ears up to His Voice and live out what He tells them instead of what the enemy is feeding into them. It is no wonder so many are leaving the pastorate. The junk the enemy pours on them through people is ridiculous. Today, of all days, should be a day of celebration. It should not be a day where pastors are 'putting out fires' or discouraged over people. My prayer is that they can celebrate even through the junk. That will make satan so mad and bless God in abundance. It is not about us. It is about Our Risen Savior!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings of today. Thank You for the way You were with me throughout the day yesterday. You were here through the tears and You were here through the laughs. Woo hoo! Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You this morning. May You be greater. May Your strength be mine. May You blind the eyes of pastors to the junk satan is throwing at them. Better still, may You empower them to knock the enemy down when he comes knocking. I pray for people who are 'thinking' of going to church today to go. I pray for people who go to listen and walk in obedience to what You have given pastors to say. Oh how I pray for change to occur in people today. I pray for change to occur in my life. I pray for Your words, actions, and attitude to be mine today in a new, different way. Thank You for being My Risen Savior! Amen.


No comments: