Sunday, April 14, 2019

James 1:2-4 - "Blessings"


I was so tired when we went to bed that I thought there was no way God would get me awake to pray during the night. I prayed before going to sleep for pastors. He had me pray "for there to not be one pastor to go into the pulpit today who is not willing for the Holy Spirit to take over." During the night He woke me twice to pray for pastors. It should not surprise me that He woke me up nor should it surprise me He would have me praying for pastors since it was Saturday night. Both times He told me to pray "for there to not be one pastor to go into the pulpit today who is not willing for the Holy Spirit to take over." Alrighty then, that is the way I prayed. Three times of praying that same prayer reminded me of the Trinity. God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Three-in-one just like my prayers. This morning I am also praying for our Palm Sunday service. The children and teens have worked hard to present this service. We have a third of our congregation out of town or working. I sure am praying the others will be there along with some of the parents. But just as I told Chris yesterday with the weather, it will be what God has it be. Yesterday after taking the drums and sound system over to the building the forecast changed to rain this morning. Last night it changed to a thirty percent chance of rain which Doc reminded me meant there was a greater chance of not having rain than having it. Today there is only one hour this morning with a ten percent chance of rain. Woo hoo, God! I pray for those in attendance to love on our children and teens to show them how much they are loved. I also pray for those in attendance at other churches to realize what a great day of celebration today is in the life of the Church. We need to praise Him every day but today we need to remember how the people praised Him as He rode into town on a donkey. I pray for many today who are going through tough times. I know they are struggling to find something to praise the Lord for but there is always something. I met a teen girl last night who blew me away with her words. First of all, not many adults would have said them and secondly, not many teens would say them to someone they first met. We were talking to her about her parents, siblings, etc. to get to know her. When Doc asked her if she went to church, she replied with a church that has a school. I asked if she went to that school and she said she did but now was in public school. She said it was a good change because she was bullied so bad at the previous school. I told her I was sorry she had to go through that and her reply was, "Oh don't be sorry! I would have never got strong without going through the bullying." Wow, God! Out of the mouths of babes. We have a choice to make when hit with trials. We can either allow the enemy his way and succumb to them or we can go deeper in our faith and allow God to make us stronger. As I was thinking about her reply this morning, I thought about the way God led my prayers for pastors. There are some people in congregations who are 'bullying' their pastor to do things their way instead of God's way. I have heard and lived out horror stories of people demanding their pastor to do something 'or else' they would do or not do something. There are also people in churches who show little or no respect for their pastor. They obviously do not know how much time their pastor puts into praying for them, being in God's Word, listening to God, etc. I do not believe there will be bullies in heaven. I believe we all will answer for our actions. This morning I am adding to my prayers for pastors to not succumb to the 'bullies' in their life. I pray for them to allow the Holy Spirit free reign in whatever fashion He chooses in their life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors. Thank You for the way You uses this young teen girl to remind me what I need to do when going through trials. Thank You for cleansing me this morning so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for Mike finally getting to move into his new home. Thank You for changing the forecast for this morning. Thank You for Chris who helped load last night and for all the teens who came out to the Outreach. Thank You for each life that was touched at the Outreach. Thank You for Rhonda, Harold, and all who participated through donating items or serving last night. This morning I pray for Doc as he continues to deal with pain. May You be his Joy throughout these tough days. Thank You for being My Joy! Amen.


No comments: