Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Joshua 1:9 - "Hard Love"



I woke up during the night and again this morning with these words going through my mind...

Hold on tight a little longer
What don't kill ya, makes ya stronger
Get back up, 'cause it's a hard love
You can't change without a fallout
It's gon' hurt, but don't you slow down
Get back up, 'cause it's a hard love

It is so hard to keep going when you feel like you can no longer continue fighting. The enemy can become so great at times. There are days, sometimes even weeks, where you feel like you can't continue on. Then the Lord reminds you that the battle before you does not have to be fought alone. Our strength will falter yet when we lean into Him His strength will stand strong. He loves us so much that we do not have to do anything on our own strength. Woo hoo! That is sometimes hard to remember. It is also hard to not become discouraged when we feel like one thing hits us after another. Yesterday when I called to order my medicine and found out it was $680 I was very discouraged. There is no way that can even be possible to pay. As I tried to find assistance with it, I was told because I have insurance I was not eligible. I cried out to God to point me in the right direction but so far have not received an answer. I just do not understand why we go from one thing to another financially. I am thankful for the reminder of Joshua 1:9 this morning. Am I strong and courageous? I sure do not feel like it but I have to be. If I do not stand strong in my faith, the enemy will have an open door and then life will be a big mess. Am I afraid? I can honestly say I am not because I know the end of my story. Am I discouraged? I try to not be but sometimes it is hard. Do I want to give up? No way. I refuse to give up. The enemy will not win. I know the things I experience on this earth are temporal. I also know it will be so peaceful in heaven where the enemy will no longer have any influence.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder this morning that You are the beginning and end of my story! Thank You for the words of encouragement from Your Word! Thank You for giving me Your strength to not just do this day but to be blessed through it! Father, You know how I am feeling. You know the struggles in my body. May You empower me with Your supernatural strength for the day ahead. May You cleanse me so You can fill me. May You be greater than the things the enemy puts before me. Father, I pray for a healing in Doc's body so he will be out of pain. May You give him wisdom. May You stay close to him throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being Our Continued Strength! Amen.

No comments: