Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Joshua 1 - "Survivor"



God woke me during the night to pray for so many going through tough days. Some are due to the death of a loved one; some with illness or disease; some with loved ones near the time of leaving this earth; some with issues in relationships; some in pain...the list grows by the day. He also had the words to "Survivor" going through my mind.

Now I'm alive and born again
Rescued from the grip of sin
God your love came crashing in
And pulled me out of the fire
I'm a survivor


Yes! We can survive anything when we have Jesus in our heart. We will know His strength through such relationship. If we want to have His supernatural empowerment over our lives, we must live for Him. As we give Him every aspect of our life, we will realize more of Him. As we pray for Him to fill us, He will do so to overflowing so He will ooze out of us in all we say and do. I am so grateful He rescued me from the clutches of the enemy. I need to share Him with others so they can have the same freedom. I also need to pray for those who are in relationship with Him to go deeper in their faith. Sometimes when things happen one after the other we get down and feel like we can't go on. If we allow even one open door, the enemy will come into our lives through these times. We must stand strong in the Lord. We are never alone in our circumstances but instead have Him with us at all time. When God called Joshua to take over when Moses died, there was a statement He repeated to him. "Be strong and courageous." There must have been a reason for repeating this statement. I'm sure Joshua had doubts on being able to follow in Moses' footsteps. He had to have. Many times we doubt when God calls us to do something. Many times we say things like, "I can't get through this day" when we are physically drained. Many times we feel like we can't take 'one more thing' to go wrong. In all these times we must remember we are not alone. He is with us through all circumstances. The first thought that went through my mind last Saturday morning was "I can't do this." Immediately the Lord told me to not say those words. He told me when I say such things the enemy hears them and prowls upon them. He told me I could and would get through the day on His strength. I did not have to rely on my own. What happened? I not only got through the day but was blessed in abundance by Him. He gave me clarity in my thinking, strength in my physical body, and opportunities to love on others throughout the day. Why? Because I was obedient to His words. There was one time I started saying "I can't" but stopped myself. He did not rescue me from the enemy for me to go back. He rescued me to live for Him and to walk the walk He has called me to walk. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for rescuing me from the pit of hell! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for speaking words of life into me! Thank You for using me in whatever manner You so desire! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You be greater than my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. May Your love flow from me through every opportunity You give me. Lord, there are so many hurting people right in my little world. Some with physical issues; some with emotional hurts over deaths of loved ones and watching loved ones be near death; two who are experiencing leaving their homes due to age; many who are dealing with disease such as cancer...the list goes on and on. May You be their strength today in a new, different way. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: