Monday, April 8, 2019

John 1 - "Red Letters"


We all have the choice to make on rather we will continue to live in darkness or choose to live in the Light. There is no Hope in the darkness. There is only strife and despair. There is no Peace living in the darkness. There is only turmoil. There is no True Love living in darkness. True Love is only found when living in the Light. John 1 tells us about how Jesus is the True Light. He called His disciples to live with Him in the Light and they followed Him. He calls us to do the same. He desires us to walk the road of salvation first and then to walk the road of complete obedience with Him. His desire is for us to realize the greatness of such a life. He wants to love on us with such love that it will ooze out of us at all time. Is that type of life possible? Sure it is but first we have to accept Him into our heart. Then we have to surrender our entire being to Him so He can work in and through us. Crowder sings a  song called "Red Letters" that is so touching. It goes...

Then I read the red letters
And the ground began to shake
The prison walls started falling
And I became a free man that day

Yes! There is such freedom in living for Christ. It is a freedom unlike any other. The only way to receive it is to accept Him into Your heart and live for Him. As one lives a life of surrender to Him, they will receive freedom from having to make decisions on their own. Instead they will have freedom as they allow Him to make every decision in life. There will also be freedom from fear. God does not cause fear but the enemy loves to cause it. The enemy loves to get us to believe "I can't" when God instills in us "I can through Christ." The enemy loves to tear us down when God loves to build us up. Yesterday the enemy tried like crazy to pull me down into the depths of hell but he did not win. Why? Because I stood in God's strength and allowed God to direct my words, actions, and attitude throughout the day. The result was God working through two situations that seemed hopeless. I'm sure there were other situations too that I did not know about. I chose The Light instead of the darkness. I choose Jesus instead of allowing the enemy an open door into darkness. I am so grateful I am in relationship with Christ that I can live in this manner. Oh how I pray more people would come to know Him. I pray more people would get to the end of themselves and allow Him free reign over every aspect of life. I pray more people will realize how God desires to bless us while on this earth so we will live with Him for eternity.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these words of John this morning. Thank You for the way You bless me in abundance as I live for You. Thank You for the freedom of such a life. Thank You for cleansing me this morning so You can fill me to overflowing with more of Your love. Father, go before me and be my words, actions, and attitude today. Lord, I pray for so many who need to live such a life. I pray their eyes will be opened to You today. Use me in whatever manner You desire to be a beacon of light for You throughout this day. I pray for Sandie who is having a test this morning. I pray Jim will feel Your strength throughout these tough days. I ask that You give comfort to him in a mighty way today. I also pray You will be with others going through tough days. I pray for my friend with his alcoholic wife to find Your peace. I pray for those who do not know You to find You. Thank You Jesus for being My Destiny. Amen.

No comments: