Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Philippians 4:13 - "I Just Need You"



The first song I heard when I turned on the radio this morning was "I Just Need U" by Toby Mac. These words went right along with my prayers during the night for so many people who are going through tough days.

When I'm up when I'm down (uh, huh)
When the wolves come around (tell me)
When my feet hit the ground
I just need, I just need You
On my darkest days (uh, huh)
When I'm losing faith (tell me)
No, it ain't gon' change
I just need, I just need You
Lord, I need You
Yeah, I just need You


Jesus is who we need to cling to during our 'darkest days.' He is always there to encourage us and to love on us. He does not cause darkness but He does not necessarily take it away when we pray for it to be. Instead He allows it to be used to draw us deeper in our faith. Some days I wonder if I am missing something because the 'darkest days' come on so heavy. But then I am reminded it is not in my strength I have to do anything. I must depend upon His strength. I am praying for many who need to remember this. If we do not depend upon His strength, the enemy will have an open door. That is something we never want to allow. Instead we must stay in His Word, be in prayer, and seeking more of Him. As we do these things, we will have His strength and empowerment to knock the enemy down when he comes knocking. There is no doubt he will come to try to tear us down because he does not like when people are empowered by God's strength.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song this morning that went right along with my prayers during the night. Father, I am tired physically but I know You will be my strength to not just get through this day but to be blessed with opportunities to love on others through it. The only way this can happen is for You to cleanse me so You can fill me up with Your love. Lord, You know what is ahead in my day. I pray You will guide every word, action, and attitude that I have today. I pray You will continue to be with Doc; Sandie and Jim; Bob and Connie; and Mike during their tough days. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: