Monday, March 2, 2015

Romans 12:12 - "Alive in Us"

I love how the Lord reminds me of exactly what I need at a specific moment. He gives me songs or scripture that speak so clearly to me. This morning He spoke to me through the song "Alive In Us" in such a powerful way.

The enemy is under Your feet
We are free
We are free
Death has been defeated by love
You overcome
You overcome
The enemy is under Your feet
We are free
We are free
Death has been defeated by love
You overcome
You overcome

I thought about the conversation in the teen Sunday School class yesterday about death. When asked what they thought when I said "death" there were several responses but the theme was hope. We, as believers, do have hope as we live for Him on this earth. We have the promise of eternal life with Him. It all comes about through His love and His death.

Great is Your love
Let the whole earth sing
Let the whole earth sing
You reached for us
From on heaven's throne
When we had no hope

His love also gives us hope to live on this earth throughout days of trials. It gives us the strength to be Him to so many hurting people. It enables us to be what He desires of us when we surrendered to His will. We can't fully experience His love until we fully surrender to Him. He can't fill us with His love until we allow Him access to every part of our life. 

The desire of my heart is to have all of Him which will give me hope. Romans 12:12 reads: Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. 

Rejoice in hope…the Lord is blessed when we rejoice in Him
be patient in tribulation…I don't like the word "patient"…the last time I prayed for patience the Lord allowed me to have MS to show me just what being patient means…but it is so true that when we are going through trials of any sort we need to wait on Him to get us through them
be constant in prayer…prayer isn't something to just to do at meals and/or bedtime…we need to be in communion with the Lord throughout our day but we also need to spend time with Him regularly on our face

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these reminders today of just how great Your love is and how much hope it gives. You are the way…there is no other…oh my, how so very true! There is no one other than You that loves us in the manner You do. You love us enough to die on the cross for us, be resurrected from the dead and live in us. In everything…be exalted…yes, Lord…be exalted in all that happens in my life today. Lead me to be the servant You so desire of me. Fill me with more of You and less of me so I may be more effective in sharing Your love with all that I meet. Thank You Jesus for being My Hope. Amen.

No comments: