Sunday, March 29, 2015

Reflections from our trip to Israel...

The service at Mount Vernon First Church of the Nazarene before we took off for Israel was a blessing. I love the song the quartet sang! It continued in my head throughout the trip.

Jerusalem is a city I would call as being one to never go to sleep. Throughout the night there were the sounds of traffic with the horns blowing at all hours. The traffic during the daytime was crazy! The crowds of people walking on the sidewalks was also crazy! The buses would go down the streets and go through places one would never think they could fit through!

As we walked in the Old City with all of the crowds and merchants my mind went back to the story of Jesus getting upset with the money changers in the temple. As I watched the children playing ball in the walkways, I thought about how He always made time for children. I also thought about how the children seemed at peace and not afraid as they played. Here were thousands of strangers walking around them yet they were content in their playing. I wonder if they felt His presence with them. Do they feel Him with them?

As I walked through Jerusalem I had no fear. I thought I would with the unrest going on in this area of the world. Even seeing the police with their machine guns didn't cause fear. When we went touring and we saw the army men with their M16's, I had no fear. There was such a peace in my heart as I walked this place. Kenny mentioned in his devotions about feeling "at home" and I truly can relate. Even though we are staying in a hotel with some different accomodations than we are use to I truly can say I feel at home here.

I would love to come back and study here. I never understood Doc when he said this but now that I am here I get it. I want to be a sponge and learn more. I want to experience more. I wish I would not have been so tired Tuesday when we did the tour of Jerusalem. I know I missed so much because of my phyical being.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessing of this trip...use me to make a difference to those I meet...bless me as I bless You. Amen

No comments: