Sunday, March 22, 2015

Philippians 4:13 - Smile

Yesterday I made a deliberate attempt to smile at everyone I came in contact with. Sometimes when we are in a store or walking down a street we tend to be in our own little world. We will look down at where we are walking instead of looking up into people's faces. As I smiled to many people I was pleasantly surprised at how many were no smiling but once they saw my smile they did. I thought to myself about how I have no idea what they are going through yet my smile could have made their day. I may be feeling like they don't have a friend and then my smile encouraged them. Perhaps they weren't feeling well and my smile gave them a kick in their step to keep on keeping on. No matter what I felt like I had made a difference at the end of the day and that encouraged me. I am so blessed. I love how the Lord uses me to make a difference in other people's lives. I love how He encourages me through encouraging others.

I must admit yesterday was a tough day in my physical body but it was a glorious day in my spiritual one. I know the Lord will encourage me today in so many ways and for that I am grateful. I know He will be with me every step I take today, not just in the physical sense but most importantly in the spiritual sense. Woo hoo!

I am once again claiming and standing upon Philippians 4:13...I, Sheila, can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.  Amen!!!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the day that is ahead. Thank You for going before me and with me. Thank You for loving me so grately and for being with me. Lord, give me Your words as I speak. Fill me with more of You and less of me in order that I may do Your will. Bless me in abundance as I bless You. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: