Tuesday, March 10, 2015

John 6:67-68 - "Me Without You"

I woke up singing a song Toby Mac sings called "Me Without You" this morning.  I am so blessed to have the Lord in charge of every aspect of my life. If I didn't, I'm not sure how I would handle the things that come my way. He is the reason I live. He is the One I live for. He is the One I trust with every bit of my being. I can honestly say, "Don't know where I'd be without you" to the Lord. I was listening to an interview with Toby Mac about how we really can't appreciate our relationship with the Lord until we think about where we would be if He wasn't in our life. I take that a step further and think about how life has changed so much when I went from "just" believing and went into a surrendered life with Him. It doesn't get any better than this. Well, actually it will get better when we get to heaven!

John 6:67-68 reads, Then said Jesus to the twelve, "Will you also go away?" Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." Peter knew eternal life was the ultimate gift and it only could come through Jesus. He is the One to provide us with hope and peace while we are on this earth. He is also the One who gives us purpose to live.

When we think about where we would be without the Lord, a lot of different things can come into our minds. But the one thing that we can know for sure is that we would be empty and living in a hopeless state without the Lord. I am so grateful for the relationship I have with the Lord.  I am also praying for more people to find the hope and peace I have.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders today of how much You do for me each and every day. Thank You for the hope and peace You give me each and every day. Thank You for the promise of eternal life. You are so, so awesome! Father, I pray for more people to find a relationship with You that will enable them to have the same hope and peace I have. Thank You Jesus for being My Hope and My Peace. Amen.


No comments: