Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Romans 12:1 - "It Is Well"

I met a lady today who was amazed that I was smiling as I talked about the ups and downs of MS. I told her I have His peace no matter what is going on in my physical body. I know no matter what I deal with His strength is with me. I have nothing to fear because He is greater than MS...He is greater than anything that comes my way! Woo hoo! It totally amazes me how His peace can be so comforting in times of trials. His love covers everything in such a way that I have no worries. I think about the song that goes something like...I don't know about tomorrow...For I know who holds my future and I know who holds my hand...Many things about tomorrow I don't need to understand.. Amen! Whether someone has MS or they have cancer or whatever physical ailment they deal with...everyone can have His peace through the ailment when they surrender to the Lord. No worries...only peace... I know some think I'm crazy for saying that but I can say it because I live it. The saying on a sign goes like this...

No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace

And once again I say "AMEN"!!!! I truly believe it takes more than just knowing God. I believe one has to be surrendered totally to Him. Sold out...sanctified...living a holy life...whatever you want to call it.  Romans 12:1 tells us that we are to be a living sacrifice. That's my goal each and every day. I want the Lord to know I am a willing vessel to do whatever He asks of me. Sometimes that means leaving my comfort zone and I have learned that's OK. Sometimes it means doing something others don't want me to do and once again that's OK. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You draw me closer to You. Thank You for the words of others, for the songs You bring to my mind, for the people who live a holy life as an example for me to see. Lord, You are so awesome! I praise Your Holy Name for all the ways You show Your love to me and bless me. Father, more of You and less of me is the only way can continue to be a living sacrifice for You. Bless me, Lord. Take anything out of me that may be a barrier between the two of us. I am an open book to not only You, Lord but also to anyone I come in contact with. Thank You for being My Peace. Amen.


No comments: