Friday, March 13, 2015

Psalm 61 - "Show Me Your Glory"


I woke up this morning singing Third Day's "Show Me Your Glory" and immediately thought about yesterday. The Lord showed me His glory in a mighty way. Oh my! This song has been on my lips many times before but it has a whole new meaning now.

Caught a glimpse of Your splendor
In the corner of my eye
The most beautiful thing I've ever seen
And it was like a flash of lightning
Reflected off the sky
And I know I'll never be the same
Show me Your glory
Send down Your presence
I wanna see Your face
Show me Your glory
Majesty shines about You
I can't go on without You, Lord

Once again yesterday Doc was to have a stress test. When the camera wasn't working Tuesday, they rescheduled. Yesterday when we went instead of registering him they told him to have a seat and someone would be out to talk to him. We waited for a few minutes and then they called his name. As he went in I started to fret. Immediately the Lord said, "Psalm 61." So I went to that Psalm, read and wrote these words…

Sitting here .... Wondering....yet knowing the Lord is in control.... He is the One I cry out to....He is my Rock....I will not be shaken....

I just thought that was one of the coolest things ever to have the Lord give me exactly what I needed at exactly the time I needed it. When He tells me to read a certain scripture, I can hardly wait to get to it to read. I get so excited because I know He is giving me His word. I saw His glory in a mighty way yesterday through the Word He gave. I also saw His glory in the protection He gave to Doc. I don't know what He was protecting Him from but there had to have been something. Both days Doc was scheduled the camera was working fine until his time to go through the test came up. I call that protection and I claim that.

Dear Jesus,
You are so awesome! You are so wonderful! I love being in relationship with You. Father, I don't know what You are protecting Doc from but whatever it is, thank You. Lord, today I pray for You be glorified through him doing the treadmill stress test. I pray for Your will. Lord, I don't know if You are teaching us a lesson, stretching our faith or what is going on but all that matters is that we are living out Your will. We are following Your lead. We are hearing Your voice. I am so excited as I write this morning…I feel like I am ready to bust. Father, come down upon my physical body with Your healing touch. Enable my mind and mouth to work together. Strengthen me. Thank You Jesus for being My Rock...My Refuge...My Strong Tower. Amen.

No comments: