Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Philippians 4:4-7 - "Healer"

I woke up this morning with an urgent need to pray for some people who need the Lord's healing. Sometimes people don't just need a physical healing but they need an emotional or spiritual healing.

Physical healing…
...little guy in surgery this morning that was born with such challenges yet the Lord has continued to heal his body
…two year old who continues to battle from a reaction to a medication

Emotional healing…
...one who continues to allow the death of her mother to pull her down into the depths of depression
…one who is beat down by people
…one who has allowed the hurts of her past to effect her life and family in some very negative ways
…one who has suicidal thoughts

Spiritual healing…
…one who is trapped with addiction and needs the Lord
…one who continues to allow the enemy footholds in her life that tell her lies over and over that make her feel worthless

There are so many people who need the Lord's healing touch. I think of the words in the song "Healer" and tears start to flow. When we get to the point in our life where we can trust the Lord no matter what we are going through, we will be blessed in so many ways. One of those ways comes in the form of peace. I remember growing up hearing people talk about "peace that passeth all understanding" but I didn't understand what that meant.

In Philippians 4, Paul writes…

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

We don't have to understand but we do need to come to the point in our life where we know, we believe and we accept His peace. I was reading on-line about this peace and found this tidbit...

"It is the inner calmness promised to the believer who has a thankful attitude based on unwavering confidence that God is able and willing to do what is best for them. Their trust in Him brings about a peace that transcends human intellect, and human analysis. This peace guards, a military term meaning "to keep watch over". God's peace guards the believer from anxiety, fear, and worry because of their trust in Him."

It all comes down to trusting the Lord, no matter what we are going through. We have to get to the point of being able to say the words of this song in order to have His peace...

I trust in You, I trust in You
I believe You're my healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe
And I believe You're my portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus You're all I need

We also have to embrace the knowledge that Nothing is impossible for the Lord. He knows our circumstances. He has already gone before us. He is all we need to get through each and every day. He will be the One to heal our bodies…our physical, our emotional and our spiritual bodies. His peace comes with our trusting in Him. Woo hoo! Oh how I pray for more people to find His peace. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your peace that I have no matter what is going on in life. Thank You for these words of Paul that direct me to rejoice, be in prayer, be thankful and to accept Your peace. Father, I don't always understand how I can have peace in the midst of storms that come my way but the neat thing is I don't have to understand it. All I have to do is accept it.  Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus! I am praying for healing to happen in people today. Some specific people need an physical healing. Some others need an emotional healing while others need a spiritual healing. Lord, bring them to their knees to allow Your healing to come down upon them. Father, use me to be instrumental in the healing of any I can do or say something to. Father, I need more of You and less of me in order to be You to others. Lord, thank You for being My Healer! Amen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just came across your blogs this morning and really enjoying them. Keep up the good work Ann.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.