Sunday, March 29, 2015

Philippians 4:13 - "Overcomer"


Two weeks ago as we were preparing to leave for Israel I said "I'm not sure if I will be able to 'do' the Sunday when we return or not." Last night after traveling twenty-eight hours and being exhausted I still wondered if I would be able to 'do' today. When I woke up singing these words to "Overcomer", I knew right away I can 'do' today. I might only be able to 'do' a few hours before laying down again but I CAN 'do' it through the Lord's strength. 

You're an overcomer
Stay in the fight ‘til the final round
You're not going under
‘Cause God is holding you right now
You might be down for a moment
Feeling like it's hopeless
That's when He reminds You
That you're an overcomer
You're an overcomer

Everybody's been down
Hit the bottom, hit the ground
Oh, you're not alone
Just take a breath, don't forget
Hang on to His promises
He wants You to know

The same Man, the Great I am
The one who overcame death
Is living inside of You
So just hold tight, fix your eyes
On the one who holds your life
There's nothing He can't do
He's telling You

I couldn't have functioned the two weeks in Israel without Him living inside of me. Before the trip I was concerned I wouldn't be able to carry my weight as part of the team. But the Lord provided strength to accomplish what He desired of me. Sometimes that was being in the background praying for my team members. Other times it was doing things I've never done before. No matter what though I felt valuable to the team and for that I'm grateful. I know it was through all the prayers sent up for me that I was blessed through His strength. It was because of those prayers that I slept 9-10 hours each night to have the physical strength to get up each day. It was through those prayers that I was blessed with functionality in my body...both physical and mental. There were a few times where I wanted to give up and have a good cry. A couple times I did cry but I never gave up. I knew He was there with me and working through me. 

When I took a fall and bruised up my face, I think He allowed it to happen to remind me that He was with me no matter what. The days I felt like I couldn't take one more step He reminded me that I wasn't alone. The clarity He gave me in my thinking when I was physically drained was such a blessing. All of these things are because I can truly say that He lives inside me. He is the One I fix my eyes on because He is the One to hold my life. "There's nothing He can't do..." was lived out in my life these last two weeks.

Dear Jesus,
It has been twenty-one years ago that You gave me the promise of Philippians 4:13. You told me then and have told me many times since that I needed to hold onto these words and live by them. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I praise Your Holy Name for all the ways You continue to bless me through the knowledge of this promise. I praise You, Father, for the way You love me. I praise You for the way You care for me. I praise You for the all You do to guide me. Thank You Jesus for believing in me so that I may believe in You. Father, I'm not sure what this day holds as far as how long my physical body will function. But I do know You will give me wisdom on when to stop and for that I'm grateful. You will speak through me to say "no" when needed and You will give clarity in my thought process as I go throughout this day. That is exciting! I am not alone! Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus once again for the blessing our trip to Israel. Amen.



No comments: