Thursday, May 12, 2016

Proverbs 31:25 - "Just Be Held"

There are so many hurting people in this world. The Lord woke me up singing Casting Crowns "Just Be Held" and the tears began flowing and I prayed for...
  • the grandmother concerned over the home life of her granddaughter
  • the fathers who lost his wife's and are faced with raising their children on their own
  • the wife who is dealing with her husband having side effects to prescriptions
  • the mommy that is dealing with her son's cancer coming out of remission
  • the family who need closure to the death of a loved one without having a body
  • the man in excruciating pain with a broken back
  • the man awaiting cervical surgery
  • the one dealing day-in and day-out with the effects of cancer in her life
  • the women dealing with pain in various areas of their bodies from falls
  • the man who feels like a failure in his job
  • the men dealing with health issues related to diabetes
  • several I know who are graduating to make decisions based on what the Lord desires of them
  • the one who is struggling to make the 'right decision' as far as their career goes
  • the mom who has made some recent decisions based upon what the world wants
  • the woman who is allowing bitterness to eat her away and it is effecting her children
Oh how I pray they will know the Lord is near. I pray they will realize people are praying for them. I pray there will be someone in their life to be Jesus to them. These lyrics say it all...

If your eyes are on the storm you'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross you'll know I always have and I always will
And not a tear is wasted
In time, you'll understand
I'm painting beauty with the ashes
Your life is in My hands
So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held

Yes! When we focus on Him through tough times, His presence is made known clearly to us. May these ones I am praying for know Him intimately so they can have His peace. I think of the Scripture the Lord most recently gave me...


No matter what lies ahead in our life when we are surrendered to Him life will be a lot easier to handle. We will not be living in our own strength but rather in His strength. That is where we find perfect peace!

Dear Jesus,
I pray You will bless my prayers today by drawing closer to those I prayed for. Lord, speak to them through people they will listen to. Some know You, some are in relationship with You and others have never accepted You into their hearts. Father, become so real to all of these ones. I also pray for You to use me today to encourage those I come in contact with. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see/hear You through me. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Hold Me. Amen.


No comments: