Sunday, May 1, 2016

Proverbs 16:3 - "Lifesong"


On February 10th of this year I received this message from a friend...

My fellow Comrad, We are in a Battle but we know who the Champion is. In prayer this a.m. I heard this while praying for you and Pastor Doc- God is giving you Marching Orders. Full speed ahead. Onward Christian Soldier. Blessings. We are in this together. He is the Author and Finisher of our faith. Love ya!

At the time I knew the Lord was releasing us from Willard but did not have a clue on when things would happen or to where He was calling us to. After praying and seeking His will He opened the door for us to minister in Beaufort South Carolina. This is a time of so many emotions. There is excitement and anticipation for a new challenge but at the same time there is sadness for leaving the home and church family we have known for the last fifteen years. There will be many adjustments in so many different areas of our lives but the one thing that will remain the same is that where God puts us we will love on people in the way He so desires. As one said this morning, "A new chapter is unfolding for you." Yes it is and I am excited that my husband is the godly man who seeks to walk in the Lord's will. It may have been easy for some to say "no" to God and stay in our comfort zone but I am blessed that is not where we live. We live in His will and when that means leaving our comfort zone then so be it.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace! Thank You for answering prayers! Thank You for guiding our steps down this new path! Lord, I pray for more of You to be in me. I pray for Your strength, Your wisdom and Your empowerment. Thank You Jesus for being My Lifesong! Amen.


No comments: