Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Romans 15:32 - "Here You Stand"


By the time I fell into bed last night I was drained physically, mentally and emotionally. I was being a crabby pants with having pain in my legs and being so tired. The day was too full with activity and emotions. I told Mordecei I would be sitting with him on the love seat for the day to work on school work but that did not happen. Instead the time sitting was limited to a few hours and then life took off. Since I will be driving the truck and trailer when we move I 'practiced' yesterday driving to run errands in Norwalk and Clyde. Praise God it went well but I sure need to do a lot of praying before starting the 750 mile trek. Selling the old truck was emotional. That sounds so stupid to say and I don't understand why it was emotional but it was. Visits from old friends throughout the day brought about emotions as we talked of great memories. Visits from new friends were sprinkled into the day too. As I climbed into bed, I checked my email and the tears fell as this song was sent to me by a dear friend. 



Wow! This is just what I needed to end my day. What an encouragement these words are to me! I know He is with me through things like this that happen. I also know we are walking where He is leading. There is no doubt in that because of the way He continues to provide exactly what we need. I love the words, "...at the beginning and not the end..." Yes! It truly is the beginning of a new journey. The journey we have been on for the last fifteen years has been blessed by God. The new journey that has started is also being blessed by Him. Woo hoo!

It's a journey you must travel
Where He leads you He'll help you to be strong
He has taught you and now He's brought you
To a place where He wants you to move on

CHORUS
Here you stand at the beginning and not the end
Here you stand and with our blessing we will send you
And though it's hard we will extend to you a smile

We will cherish all these memories
And we'll always hold a place for you inside
The Lord has planned it, we understand it
Still, we find it hard to say the word, "goodbye"


I was reading in Romans 15 this morning and was struck by what Paul wrote in the last few verses. Paul's work had come to an end in that area and he was headed to Spain to visit there. He asked them to pray for him to be accepted as he traveled to spend time with them.  The desire of his heart was to not be drained when he finally got to them. These words hit me in our present circumstances. I am so tired in pretty much every aspect of my being. The Lord provides strength each day which I am so grateful for but I do not want to get to South Carolina wiped out. If I do, the enemy will have an open door and I refuse to let that happen. I like the words of Matthew Henry about these verse...

All our joy depends upon the will of God. Let us be earnest in prayer with and for each other, that for Christ's sake, and by the love of the Holy Spirit, great blessings may come upon the souls of Christians, and the labours of ministers.

Yes! I am going to pray for and ask others to pray specifically for blessings to be upon our efforts. These next couple of weeks while we are here in Willard I will pray for blessings to be upon those we minister to. As we begin our new journey, I will pray for blessings to be upon our new group God has called us to love on. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the old and the new. Thank You for Deb sharing this song with me just at the time I needed it the most. Thank You for the ways You provided for us yesterday...physically, mentally, emotionally, financially and most of all spiritually. Lord, You are so awesome! You are so great! You are so loving! Father, today is a new day. My body is exhausted. I pray for Your healing touch upon my legs and for rest today. Father, I also pray for Your direction as I complete my final school project for this class. Lord, most of all I pray for opportunities to be You to others today. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You through me. May Your love be what people feel through me. Thank You Jesus for being My Greatest Encourager! Amen.

No comments: