Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Romans 15:5-6 - "All You've Ever Wanted"


The Lord woke me up to these words this morning and I was immediately blessed in knowing I have 'been there, done that' and thankful to be beyond it!

'Cause all You've ever wanted,
All You've ever wanted
All You've ever wanted was my heart
Freedom's arms are open,
My chains have all been broken
Relentless love has called me from the start
All You wanted was my heart


Praise the Lord for His redemptive love! Praise Him for the way He never gives up on us! Praise Him for the way He uses people to wake us up! Praise the Lord for Paul's words in Romans 15! Praise the Lord for His word that encourages us! Praise the Lord for the hope we find in others! Romans 15 tells us that when we have His attitude, we can be an encouragement to others. This song reminded me of some who need encouraged right now due to circumstances in their lives. Some of the circumstances are ones they created while others are ones they had no choice in. No matter what, God has called me to encourage them. He has called me to have His attitude. The way for that to happen is to be surrendered to Him so I know His will. According to Matthew Henry, like-mindedness is a gift from the Lord. He writes, "Our Divine Master invites his disciples, and encourages them by showing himself as meek and lowly in spirit. The same disposition ought to mark the conduct of his servants, especially of the strong towards the weak. The great end in all our actions must be, that God may be glorified; nothing more forwards this, than the mutual love and kindness of those who profess religion." Yes! The Lord has reminded me this morning of the task set before me. He also has reminded me on how to best complete that task.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders of this morning! Thank You for loving me enough to use me to love on others! Thank You for entrusting me with this great task! Father, I am asking for more of You in me so people will see and hear You through me. I am praying for an abundance of Your love to ooze out of me. Lord, I don't know who all I will come in contact with today but I pray You will use me to be a blessing to all. Lord, I pray for those who are need encouraged to have someone go before them today and make a difference in their life. May they have someone be You to them today in a mighty way. Thank You Jesus for being My Redemption! Amen.

No comments: