Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Proverbs 16:2 - "Stronger"

The Lord woke me up this morning with the words to Mandisa's "Stronger" going through my head...

This is gonna make you stronger
Gonna make you stronger, stronger, stronger
Believe me, this is gonna make you Stronger


I sure don't feel very strong right now. In fact, I feel like I am falling apart. Actually, I am falling apart emotionally. But then the rest of the song came to my mind and I was blessed in knowing it will be alright because it is His will that we are going through all of this.

'Cause if He started this work in your life
He will be faithful to complete it
If only you believe it
He knows how much it hurts
And I'm sure that He's gonna help you get through this
When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger
The pain ain't gonna last forever
In time it's gonna get better
Believe me
This is gonna make you stronger

I don't understand how the 'pain' of saying goodbye will get better but I have to trust Him that He will enable me to get through these tough days. He created me with the emotions I have so it is no surprise that I hurt to the point of tears. He loves me and would never do anything to hurt me. He is not moving us to hurt us but rather to grow us. He is not moving us to make us fearful but rather to enable us to depend upon Him in a whole new way. He is not moving us because He doesn't love us but rather because He loves us so deeply. He is not moving us to cause problems in the Willard Church but rather to enable them to grow to a whole new level. "This is gonna make you stronger" is for all involved in our situation...us, our family, our friends, the Willard Church, our District and the Beaufort Church. 

This morning He drew me to Proverbs 16. There is so much richness in this chapter but He took my focus onto verse two. Wow, God! You are so good! We were content where we were but You saw we were needed somewhere else. We were comfortable in doing what we have been doing for the last fifteen years but You saw we needed a challenge. We were happy living near family but You saw we needed to depend more upon You. We were blessed with our financial situation but You saw we needed to be stretched so our faith and trust in You would go deeper.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You encourage me so greatly! Thank You for Your love that encompasses me so much! Father, You are so awesome! You are so great! I want to be more like You. Would You please fill me to overflowing with Yourself today so people will see and hear You through me? Would You give me Your boldness in my love? I pray for those who are hurting emotionally over our move including myself. Would You fill us with Your peace? Would You enable us to feel Your loving arms wrapped around us when the tears start to fall? Father when I am emotional it drains my physical tank. Of course, You already know that but I just need an infilling of You in every aspect of my being for today and the days ahead. As I work on school work today I pray for clearness in my thinking. Enable me to rest in Your strength today. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Probe Me. Amen.



No comments: