Sunday, May 22, 2016

Nehemiah 8:10b - "Worn"


I had this conversation with the Lord before going to bed last night...

Me: Lord, I am so tired...I can't continue...I am at the end of my rope (yep, I was lamenting/whining/crying...whatever it is called!)

Lord: Daughter, you are correct. You cannot continue on in your own strength but you can continue on in My strength.

Me: I know, Lord. But I am so physically, mentally and emotionally drained. I can't continue doing what I'm doing.

Lord: Where is your faith, Daughter? You know I am your strength. Grasp that knowledge and move forward. I have given you your marching orders and will enable you to complete them.

Me: Thank you for the encouragement!

I was woke up at 4:23 through a text from a  friend...."The Lord has awakened me tonight to pray for fresh baptism of the Holy Spirit and His fire upon you." Wow! That was awesome to receive! It cemented the whole aspect that the Lord continues to be the One in control of my life. How exciting to know He woke someone hundreds of miles away to pray for Doc and I! That also was cool to think about because when I am 750 miles away from 'home' my prayers will still go up for family and friends. I will no longer be able to pray when Life Flight goes over the house here in Willard but I can still pray for my friends at the hospital as the Lord brings them to my mind.

Tenth Avenue North sings a song "Worn" that comes to my mind this morning...

This is how I feel.... 
I’m Tired I’m worn
My heart is heavy
From the work it takes
To keep on breathing


Even before the day begins
Yeah, I’m worn

This is what I am doing.... 
I know I need to lift my eyes up

But I'm too weak
Life just won’t let up
And I know that you can give me rest
So I cry out with all that I have left


This is what the Lord will do...

Let me see redemption win
Let me know the struggle ends


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the words of encouragement this morning! Thank You for the text at 4:23! Thank You for the way You will provide physical, mental and emotional strength throughout this day. I do not want to just get through this day but I want to enjoy this day. The desire of my heart is for people to see and hear You through me. Fill me to overflowing with more of You, Father. Love on me in abundance so I can love on others. Thank You for being My Greatest Encourager! Amen.



No comments: