Thursday, September 12, 2013

R-O-C-K

R-O-C-K
ROCK

I was woke up in the middle of the night with the Lord being adamant for me to hear His Word "ROCK".  My first thought was He is my Rock.  But He said, "No, that is not it."  I started thinking about rocks in nature but once again I heard His Voice say, "No."  Finally, I asked Him if it like a baby being rocked and He said, "Yes."  I didn't know what I was to do with this word and I eventually went back to sleep.  The second time He woke me to the word I began praying for ones who I know are pregnant and ones I know who are trying to get pregnant.  I also prayed for the babies that I know.  Once again I fell back to sleep.  When morning came, He continued to bring the word to my mind and I was baffled on what I was to do with it.  Then I had a text asking me to pray for one who was wanting an abortion.  Even though I don't know this person as I prayed I got a mental image in my mind of a young Momma rocking her baby.  Oh my!  The tears began to fall as I realized the impact of my prayers.  The Lord doesn't want the evil one to prevail with allowing an abortion to happen.  He wants to give life.  As I asked the Lord, "Is this what "rock" is all about?"  His reply was, "Yes, Daughter.  You are the intercessor for this little one.  Pray against the evil one having his way.  Pray specifically for the evilness in her life to be eliminated."  I get the sense this one knows better but is being pushed into it.   WOW!  I may never know what happens in this situation since I don't know the person.  But I do know that when the Lord wakes me up with a word I pray I never disregard it.  My job as an intercessor has just taken on a new meaning for me.  I love to hear the Lord speak to me and especially when He does it in a way that doesn't make sense for the moment.  I love when His plan is revealed piece by piece.  It's kind of like putting a jigsaw puzzle together.  Sometimes it all goes together easily and is complete while other times a piece will be missing.  Sometimes He gives me all the information at once on what to pray for while other times it comes in pieces.  

Psalm 22:9-11 reads:

Yet you brought me out of the womb;
    you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.
10 From birth I was cast on you;
    from my mother’s womb you have been my God.
11 Do not be far from me,
    for trouble is near
    and there is no one to help.

These words could be from that unborn child.  The Lord can be that child's God even if the Momma doesn't accept the Lord.  The abortion could be the "trouble" that "is near" but praise His Holy Name the Lord is there to help and save this child.  So many could be's in this situation but I'm praying for the Lord to have victory in the outcome.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for using me to pray for others.  Thank You for giving me direction even though sometimes it isn't clear.  I pray for this one who is wanting an abortion.  I pray against the evilness in her life.  Lord, I pray for someone to be put in her path that will say or do something that will make a difference. I pray for strength for the unborn child.  I pray for it to come into this world with full breath.  Lord, I also pray for this child to be in a loving love, whether it be with the biological mother or not.  Lord, please don't let me forget this.  Please remind me to pray for this situation.  Amen.

No comments: