Thursday, September 26, 2013

Ephesians 5:21-33 - "Lead Me"

Sanctus Real's song "Lead Me" was on my lips this morning.  I love, love, love this song but hearing it in person Saturday night was awesome!  There are so many wives in this world who can relate to this song.  But there are also so many wives that aren't to the point in the spiritual walk where they are ready to allow their husband to be the spiritual head of their home.  I was there many years ago.  Since my husband wouldn't be the leader I assumed the responsibility.  That was wrong.  I did it because it was easier and kept peace in our home.  I thought I was doing the right thing but the Lord brought it to my attention that as long as I did it there was no need for my hubby to do it.  Ouch!  

Each and every home needs the man to be it's leader.  Plain and simple.  That is the way God designs us.  There are so many scriptures for this topic but this morning the Lord took me to Ephesians 5.


Instructions for Christian Households

21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.  22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.  25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church—30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.



Submit....love....respect....all part of what makes a successful marriage.  Both parties have to be willing to give and take.  There has to be compromise in order for the marriage to work.  But most importantly a marriage must have God in the center of it to be truly blessed.  The Lord can't bless a marriage if it isn't glorifying Him.  

I am so thankful we came to the point of understanding of what our marriage needed to be many years ago.  I am not always happy with decisions that are made but I have faith in my husband that he has prayed about things before making decisions.  Sometimes my emotions get in the way and I can't see what the Lord wants.  Thankfully the Lord gave me my husband to take care of times such as that.  

Dear Jesus,
I pray for the wives who are leading their homes.  I pray You will not only open their eyes to the desires of Your Heart but also open their husband's eyes.  I pray for You to be the center of marriages and I pray for marriages to be blessed.  Right now there seems like there are so many marriages struggling.  Lord, speak to these couples.  Bring them back into a full relationship not only with each other but also with You.  Father, thank You for my husband who is the head of our home.  Thank You for his love not only for me but more importantly for You.  Thank You Jesus for being The Center of Our Marriage. Amen.



No comments: