Friday, September 27, 2013

Matthew 28:18-20 - "It Starts With Me"

Tim Timmons song "It Starts With Me" has been on my lips for the past few days.  I decided this morning the Lord was trying to tell me something!

You’re my revival song, You start where I belong
On my knees, on my knees 
When I am weak You're strong, You meet me here
When I’m on my knees, on my knees 
Oh, it starts with me

If I truly want to be doing the Lord's Will, I first must be in a right relationship with Him.  I was talking the other day to someone about how cool it is to hear the Lord's Voice.  There is nothing better than knowing I am doing His Will.  But I wonder how many times I don't hear Him.  How many times am I so caught up in life that I miss Him?  How many times am I distraught over things that I haven't taken to Him in prayer that makes it be that I can't hear Him?  If I want to truly be in relationship with Him 24/7, it takes me being able to hear Him at all time.  I am thankful for the changes He has made in me over the last few years but I know there is always room for improvement.

I went to Tim Timmons website and read about how he is fighting incurable cancer and the urgency that comes through in his testimony because of it.  I love the words he wrote about the church...


“Following Jesus versus being a believer in Him is revolutionary,” Timmons says with a smile spreading across his face and his voice teeming with infectious energy. “I actually believe it will revolutionize the power of the Kingdom. What if the people who fill our weekend church services actually saw themselves as the church in the name, the power and the authority of Jesus as we walked out of that building? I get really excited just thinking about it.”

We are the church...not the church building but we the believers.  If we don't leave the building and share Him with others, how will they ever know anything about Him?  Before we can do that though we first must have a revival within our hearts.  We have to be in communion with the Lord in order to be able to hear His direction for our lives.  We have to be willing to follow the Great Commission found in Matthew 28:18-20.


Matthew 28:18-20

New International Version (NIV)
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

I love something I read this morning....."The church is the body of Christ---his heart, his mouth, his hands and feet---reaching out to the world."  If we want to "leave a legacy" and "speak with authority" as Timmons song says, then first we must be in right relationship with Him and secondly, we must be willing to fulfill the Great Commission.

Dear Jesus,
Forgive me when I don't hear You.
Bless me when I do hear You.
Put before me opportunities today to fulfill the Great Commission.
Lord help us, as the church---as believers---to have a revival in our hearts so that we can do Your Will.
Thank You Jesus for being My Revival!
Amen.


No comments: